Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 03-06-2006, 11:26 AM   #1
gas_pig
Founding Member

Default Re: Buying Motorcycles from the Internet

1st post

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2006, 11:41 AM   #2
gas_pig
Founding Member

Oh yeah, support you're local dealer if possilble.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:43 AM   #3
vermicious
Registered Member

For that matter, what of the risks of selling? Scams abound and it's some times hard to tell the serious offer from the sketchy one.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:00 PM   #4
naco_traficante
Registered Member

Default Anybody bought a bike thru cycletrader.com ?

cycletrader.com seems legit to me and a good way to scrounge dealerships for those new bikes that still haven't sold for a year or two.

Anybody got any feedback about that site ?

naco_traficante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 12:15 PM   #5
Casey_Daniel
Founding Member

The Warranty is backed by the manufacturer despite what dealership you bought it at. So you're telling me if you're 500 miles from home the dealership won't work on your bike? Not so. I my electric fan quit working on my F4i when I was 1500 miles from home up in Montana. Long story...some logging road detours do to wildfire and huge chip seal gravel when we came out of the mountains in the next town. The gravel lodged between my shroud and fan blade. The motor was spinning but it spun the center out of the fan blades. Dealership in Butte said they couldn't get me in for a week (the day I was suppose to be leaving). I described my situation but they still couldn't get me in. I even asked if they could order the parts for me so I could replace the fan. No deal. I called the number on my honda membership card the next morning and talked to the regional rep. He called the owner (at home because the dealership wasn't even open) and called me back within 5 minutes giving me an appt. time for the next day. I don't know how other manufacturers are but that's how it worked for me being stuck 1500 miles from home. Yeah I could have hit the road without the fan working but there were some short trips that I wanted to take and didn't want to be worried about being stuck in traffic. I guess the moral of the story is know who to talk to on the next level if you're not getting the response you should for warranty items.
Casey_Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 12:15 PM   #6
XB12R
Registered Member

Thats some crap - you'll have warranty trouble if you don't buy it here? What I have to live in the same town for the life of the bike or trek across country to the original dealer for warranty work? Thats a hollow threat - the warranty comes from the manufacturer, not the dealer.

XB12R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 12:28 PM   #7
cls
Registered Member

I believe the warranty question has been answered: It's the manufacturer's warranty, not the dealership's...As for the CycleTrader, either on-line or the hard copy publication, I've had great luck w/it. Never a problem, buying or selling. FYI...
cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 12:38 PM   #8
nweaver
Founding Member

Warantee work can be done by any dealer. If this dealer wouldn't do warantee work on a bike from someweher else, they are s***** and you shouldn't go to them for anything.

nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 12:38 PM   #9
nweaver
Founding Member

Default Stupid "profanity" filter

Since when is "S" "C" "U" "M" a cussword?

nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 12:54 PM   #10
davidhaner
Founding Member

Default Re: Anybody bought a bike thru cycletrader.com ?

I've bought motorcycles off cycletrader but they were from private parties. Everything went great.
davidhaner is offline   Reply With Quote