Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   Star Motorcycles Hosts Web Based Custom Show. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/3359-star-motorcycles-hosts-web-based-custom-show.html)

Tigercub 03-02-2006 07:54 AM

Re: Star Motorcycles Hosts Web Based Custom Show.

I don't think an establishment company can create a counter culture. May be wrong, but it's usually the counter culture that creates the establishment, not the other way around. And the harder they try the worse it's going to fail.

boru4761 03-02-2006 08:27 AM

In my nitrous driven dreams?

longride 03-02-2006 08:39 AM

What ya mean establishment? Star is a new badass Japanese motorcycle company, ain't it? Wait a minute! I thought the guys that rode Japanese motorcyles hated all that Harley tough guy stuff. Anytime I see a commercial for Star, there are all kinds of psudo-toughs with arms crossed, tats showin, and vests and everything. Chrome, hardtails, and custom paint everywhere. They now promote everything they hated about the Harley lifestyle, but are now dying to copy. Just think, 25 years ago Honda and Yamaha (I meant Star, cough, cough) told Harley that the V-Twin was an inferior design! Now 75% of their U.S. business is based on inferiority. They sure been fillin up on crow over the last 20 years!

Buzglyd 03-02-2006 08:54 AM

Nobody's got pins like Star owners got pins!

iamz 03-02-2006 09:01 AM

How come you left Suzuki and Kawasaki out of your little rant?

Buzglyd 03-02-2006 10:06 AM

I guess cuz it's Yamaha oops! Star that uses all the burly guys in its advertising.

Tigercub 03-02-2006 10:29 AM

Honda Goldwingers are heavily laden with pins.

Tigercub 03-02-2006 10:35 AM

It's kinda like Yamaha (damn, I mean Star) copying Harley Davidson copying the New School customizers who copied the Old School chopper guys who evolved from the original bobber guys.

Dangerousdave_2 03-02-2006 10:45 AM

I guess the bottom line here is that, as a sportbike enthusiast, I care enough about Harley's to hate them with a passion; hell, I get up earlier in the morning sometimes, just so I can hate them longer. I don't gave a damn one way or another about Stars or any of the other faux Harleys either.

maxriderdon 03-02-2006 02:56 PM

Long, it ain't Yamaha's fault, they make what they think will sell, period. Yeah lots of Harley copies as far as I am concerned and YES the Harley's V-Twins, cc 4 cc is an inferior design compared to metric I-4's and V-4's. Just because they are copied does not make them better, just wanted by folks who don't know better. Fact is. I wish metrics would stick with making better products instead of copying crap. Even HD had Porche design them a MUCH better V-twin and even though it's smaller it's a much better motor. Now those are the facts.