Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 03-01-2006, 11:17 AM   #61
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: And sport bikes are not ass candy?

"be flickable and good on road-trips"

I wouldnÂ’t want to do a road trip on a bike that is flickable Â…
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2006, 11:19 AM   #62
SuperBill
Founding Member

Default Re: Jesse James on T.V.? No way!

"In the end, Jesse and his team will figure out how to restore the bike's frame, gas tank and motor to its original condition. Jesse's restoration process of this classic machine is a tribute to his heroes whose ingenuity and creativity have inspired him and other chopper builders of today."

Sweet – I guess when he’s done he’ll have an oil-leaking, hard-starting 1969 Shovelhead Electra-Glide dresser, a tribute to the AMF bean-counters whose ingenuity and creativity darn near killed an American icon.

SuperBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 11:23 AM   #63
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: Nobody is forcing you to watch dude.

I like my posts and the folks who don't can go f*ck themselves
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:07 PM   #64
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: And sport bikes are not ass candy?

"With sport bikes form still follows function"

That's why they're covered up with plastic body work. A form following function worth looking at hasn't been around since the '70s or all sport bikes would look like Triumph Speed 4s.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:15 PM   #65
Tigercub
Founding Member

It's the most contrived show I've ever seen. Well maybe, Survivor, Olympics figure skating, the Daytona 200...Oh nevermind.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:17 PM   #66
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

It's the most contrived show" Yep that is what makes it funny in my opinion.. I like the sensitvity training episode...
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:21 PM   #67
Tigercub
Founding Member

"...and the various welding techniques they used, to the hand-fabricated materials that were used to create it from the ground up."

Stick welding scrap metal from a rusted Ford Falcon frame. What a study in cultural anthropology!

Old 03-01-2006, 02:40 PM   #68
sfcdjevans
Registered Member

Default Re: Nobody is forcing you to watch dude.

Fairly new to this forum so bear with me. Is Bigdx that KPaul fella that you all seem to have disliked so much?
Old 03-01-2006, 02:45 PM   #69
sarnali
Founding Member

That's about right, hacksaw, hammer and stick welder. If you had any money you could get something from Jammers.....otherwise you cut up stock parts or welded up new ones. The only one making real show bikes then was Arlen Ness, everyone else was making patchwork pattys
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 03:10 PM   #70
Gluge
Registered Member

Default ever heard of motorcycle racing?

heard of something called motorcycle racing? or a 'track day' ? yep, turns out there is a place you can go 180 and it's the place those 180 mph sport bikes were designed for.

But as it turns out.. when you have a bike that is made for the track even on the street on say a windy road at 55, it still does pretty dang well - handles well, stops a lot faster than a harley (safer) accerates alot faster (again safer) and they get pretty decent gas millage - only thing is the riding possition which can be easily changed.

so... how are they useless? I might agree that a 180mph top speed is useless on the street, but sweet handling, great breaks, acceleration and a top gear that will get you some great gas millage if your only going 55 are definatly not useless.

- also of note there are other bikes besides crusers that don't do 180mph. In fact I do see a lot of sport bikes in the hills of malibu, going slower than they might be capible of, but ones that are a bit safer.
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote