Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   Jesse James on T.V.? No way! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/3356-jesse-james-t-v-no-way.html)

ymsamhi 03-01-2006 04:22 AM

Re: Jesse James on T.V.? No way!

I dont mind the chopper stuff. However, as a person who is too young to have been thru the chopper craze of the 60's and 70's even I am aware that choppers are allowed to have an engine thats is not an HD based V-twin. How can such an individualist group be so un-original when it comes to the main center piece of their creation.

neandorman 03-01-2006 04:24 AM

"What is the Discovery's facination [sic] with Choppers?"

Um...

Money, maybe? Ratings, perhaps? Wile E. Coyote - SOOOOper Jeeeenyus

03zx12r 03-01-2006 04:28 AM

Jesse ain't no Dummy. He got a fast bike - He owns a Busa. Just looks bad when a guy who makes top of the line customs rides in on a Jap bike. Long life the Jap bike!

McNeal 03-01-2006 04:28 AM

The answer is easy. The majority of people who watch T.V. prefer to sit on the coach and do nothing. So viewing something which is useless is good because these people are useless. Seeing motorcycles that are raced, ridden offroad, or touring adventures would not appeal to them.

I'll admit that I watched the first couple of shows because I actually thought, and still do, that those paint jobs are works of art. I'm not sure I would ever want to ride one of those bikes even for a few miles. I've got back trouble and the lack of suspension would painful to say the least.

I prefer the sound track that my Ducati ST3 makes and the sites my eyes behold as I travel down a 2-lane road. I actually feel sorry for folks who think they're alive sitting in front of a T.V.

SmokeU 03-01-2006 04:36 AM

OOooo.....EXCITING!!

It's going to be about 35 degrees today, I think I'll go for a ride.

ikonoklass 03-01-2006 04:47 AM

I wouldn't want one, but they're fun to look at. I think a lot of us who profess to not liking them would feel differently if we saw them going down the street with riders wearing helmets and Roadcrafters .... in other words, it boils down to the whole debate about the proper way to ride a motorcycle.

bbtowns 03-01-2006 04:48 AM

Someone else said it, but how cool would it be if the show were about building original motorcycles with a turning radius of less than 250'. GP bikes, naked bikes, club racers, hell even cruisers if we must. Somehow that doesn't enchant the non-motorcycling public in quite the same way though.

5valvethumper 03-01-2006 04:52 AM

Next will be a special on Jessie James and Choppers about the History of Choppers with Jessie James. Then will be the History of the History of Choppers with Jessie James, hosted by Jessie James. So on and so forth.

Please just stop it, OK? Next fad please.

bigdx 03-01-2006 05:07 AM

Nobody is forcing you to watch dude.

Switch the channel. I like choppers the folks who donÂ’t can go f*ck themselves.

longride 03-01-2006 05:08 AM

So anything you 'don't get' you wish would go away?