Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   Hollister City Council Cancels Annual Rally. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/3331-hollister-city-council-cancels-annual-rally.html)

Fenton 02-18-2006 04:40 PM

Re: Hollister City Council Cancels Annual Rally.

I'm am more than willing to work with you on this: I would need to faze out the HD orange(black is fine) all eagles and wolves. You do not soar free like a bird and you do not wonder like a lone wolf. Stop!

The American flag can be debated by any patriot. However, the flag was not meant to be a "doo-rag."

Now, void of patterns and colors we are left with black. I think a black head sock to keep melon sludge out of your helmet it a great idea.

Ride well and wave.

dylanmo 02-18-2006 04:48 PM

I've never been good at teh funnay.

Weezel 02-18-2006 05:08 PM

But I bet you could blow my head off in a gunfight.

Weezel 02-18-2006 05:14 PM

Black is beautiful. And socks are formed perfectly to fit my head, though the heel often gets stuck around my nose.

I always wave. Though once I blew a kiss and lived to regret it at the next rest stop.

Fenton 02-18-2006 05:31 PM

I wear a little neck wrap when it's cold.(don't tell the guys) It's black.

ThomD 02-19-2006 04:22 AM

Ah, but if you read some other articles, the city calculates that they LOST $250,000 - not that they spent that much. They spent more and didn't recover their costs.

Even with the hotel tax (which I exlcuded because i figured they had already taxed every room available), they were in the hole.

Now the question of whether than $250k was a valuable investment in the local economy because the local businesses reaped big bucks, is a much harder question. The local Chamber of Commerce took no stand because their own members were mixed on the value of the event. Politicians live by the principle of "When in doubt, don't."

sarnali 02-19-2006 06:49 AM

A doctor of proctology perhaps?

BMW4VWW 02-19-2006 11:15 AM

While I admittedly did not read any other articles, the one linked to on this thread states that "the city cannot continue paying for police patrols at the event."

$250K would pay for two police patrol units for a year, or 500 patrol days. One might question the city's police costs as $250k would fund 133 patrol units for a 3 day event.

12er 02-20-2006 09:02 AM

Thanx guys, I needed that exchange. Nothing like a good laugh after a weekend with the flu...

AirHawk 02-24-2006 07:49 AM

Another overly sensitive RUB with missing sense of humor. (just kidding) Why is it ok to bash lawyers and accountants, and not docs? This industry has experienced 13 straight years of growth, primarily because of the rich professionals.... I have done well selling my products to these people.... but it's hard to resist poking fun at the RUBs as they peel off their suits in exchange for the black chaps, vests, and all other Harley garb... all to achieve the perfect bad boy look. ERPWRBBR.... got my "M" in 1976 -- LONG before I had any money.