Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 02-17-2006, 07:14 AM   #1
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Re: American company to fly soon

It would be great if they were successful. It's always fun to have more options to look at.

But, unfortunately, they will probably be more expensive, less reliable and end up a poorly run company.

Any idea as to how much it will cost to buy American from them? 15-20 grand at least, right?

Oh well, it would be nice if they surprised us with a solid bike of any engine size for under 10 grand.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2006, 07:22 AM   #2
pplassm
Founding Member

They've been trying to put that together for a couple of years. I wish them luck!
Old 02-17-2006, 07:56 AM   #3
zarn02
Founding Member

i'm hedging my bets, but an american sport bike company would be pretty neat.
zarn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:02 AM   #4
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Go to the invester page. It says "coming in Fall 2004" Hmmm....They don't even know what year it is and they want people to invest???
Old 02-17-2006, 08:17 AM   #5
acecycleins
Founding Member

Don't dispare people. Fischer tried originally to develop a v-twin 1000 cc motor. R&D became and issue and Hyosung appeared to have their sh*t together with the SV fighter Comet motor. Remember, the Hyosung engineers are ex-Suzuki engineers so the motor should be just as sound. These guys are using their talents on frame and suspension R&D. Don't laugh about the motor, either. There are, at least, 5 euro companies that outsource motors. In any case, the Fischer guys will have to sell the bike at a price between Ducati's SS800 ($8400) and the Buell XB9 ($9900). Otherwise, they will be shut out of the market they want. I look forward to them selling bikes.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:42 AM   #6
bikervince
Founding Member

"... Fischer guys will have to sell the bike at a price between Ducati's SS800 ($8400) and the Buell XB9 ($9900). "

A small company (probably privately financed or venture capitol-backed) manufacturing motorcycles here in the USA will have to sell their bikes for way more than $10k just to break even, let alone be profitable. Even if they're not building thier own engines, the startup costs, engineering and manufacturing costs, getting EPA and DOT approvals, setting up dealer networks, etc, is enormously expen$ive. Look at what happened to Indian and Exelsior Henderson.

Don't forget that at first, they will be selling small volumes until they can get a decent market share. People aren't going to start snapping these up like CBR600's. I do wish them luck though, they'll need it.

BikerVince
bikervince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:59 AM   #7
ZIRASx2
Founding Member

not a good sign when you fill out the request of info investor page...hit the submit form button...and a page not found error pops up.

Hmmmm...got some work to do guys. Plus that Hyosung motor? Not sure on that one.
ZIRASx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 10:07 AM   #8
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Gee, frame looks kind of...er..familiar.

An American sportbike company? Pshaw.

Somewhere in Ohio John Penton's ears are burning. Too bad they didn't use a Rotax for the motor.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:46 AM   #9
acecycleins
Founding Member

Bad, over-paid, undermanned and incompetent management killed those companies. Indian could have easily sold those bikes for $15,000 or under. The tooling was paid for when Indian bought CMC's factory. Exelsior was run by two of the worst dummies in the industry. It is entirely possible that these bikes can sell for $10k or under. The motor is (more than likely) bulk sold $1000 a piece- the suspension (Ohlins sells theirs forks and shock for average of $2000 bulk). So, if $3000 is tied up in motor and suspension then R&D ties up the frame for roughly $2000-2500. Plastic $2500-3000. $2000 for electrics and FI. WOW- a bike for $10,000. All startup companies operate at a loss for at least 18 months. Once suppliers are paid for the dirty work then cost of supplies come down. It's entirely possible for Fischer to sell these bikes for sub-$10k.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:47 AM   #10
ccd3
Founding Member

Ha! Good point... I know I want to drop a lot of money in a start-up that can't afford to have someone update their HTML. Tell you what I'll do- if someone gives me 1 million dollars, I'll build them a sportbike. If you want, go in with your friends to defray the cost. Hell- I'll do a "buy 1, get one free offer" if you mention this posting. I'm sure I can get a good frame and engine from China or something. Or maybe I'll sub it out to those OCC guys...

ccd3 is offline   Reply With Quote