Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 02-18-2006, 06:46 AM   #21
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Re: American company to fly soon

Where have you been looking? Was it local ads, craigslist, cycletrader or something else?

I haven't seen anything listed on craigslist and cycletrader seems to have mostly new bikes from Hysosung.

Just wondering.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2006, 07:36 AM   #22
acecycleins
Founding Member

Hyosung used an importer called Alpha Sport for a while. Then Hyosung figured they could set up shop and import the stuff themselves. They along with Fischer are at the Indy dealer show. I just hope you guys will give Fischer a break. I started my m/c insurance agency with NO money and now have he highest "earned premium" m/c insurance agency in GA. Took me 5 years but no one can claim they sell more than me. Fischer will survive with good marketing and patients. Just give 'em a chance.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:35 AM   #23
roadpilot
Founding Member

Default American? company to fly soon

Looks more like a reason to be proud if you are Korean, but then Buells are not without international contributions, either. Ditto for the V-Rod "Family" from HD. Not that there's anything wrong with not being American. Everybody needs a job (including Americans).
roadpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 09:20 AM   #24
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default Re: American? company to fly soon

HD suppliers are all over the world. Buell out-sources almost every part of the bike. Victory does the same. Automakers are no different. The Fischer guys saw an opportunity to out-source a hard to R&D part then so be it. The rest of the bike was engineered here. I'm sure that if a proper motor could have been supplied at a price that worked for Fischer's format they would've bought American. The question is will they have a properly back warranty?
Old 02-19-2006, 10:26 AM   #25
roadpilot
Founding Member

Default Torquey American? motocycle to fly apart soon...

Wedging a 125 CID S&S into that light frame would be inovative, and American, I think?

Just kidding.
roadpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 05:38 PM   #26
DaveFla
Founding Member

Do you really think that these guys can get anything like the sales volume of an SV???

DaveFla is offline   Reply With Quote