Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 02-17-2006, 11:49 AM   #11
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default Re: American company to fly soon

So the poor sob's have a bad internet host. e-mail the standard mail system to let them know. Hyosung sells bunches of bikes in Korean. They stole Suzuki engineers (and I'm a Yamaha fan) but the guys build good bikes. Just give them a chance. That's all an American wants- right?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2006, 11:51 AM   #12
acecycleins
Founding Member

If Rotax gave them the same deal on the Aprilia v-twin motor that Hyosung gave bet they would have.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:30 PM   #13
LiionsRest
Registered Member

Don't blame the hosting company. It's up to their webmaster to keep that error from happening.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:35 PM   #14
Tigercub
Founding Member

It uses the Hyosung v-twin motor the same one, uh Hyosung sells to compete against the Suzuki SV650.

Sooo, this MRX is going to have to sell for less than $8000. Or you can just buy the Suzuki, Hyosung or new Kawasaki 650 for less and use the extra cash to upgrade the suspension, unless you have to have that Fisher styling.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 03:02 PM   #15
bmwdude
Founding Member

Way Cool!!!! They need to beat their web site people though. (as someone mentioned above) "Coming in 2004" That should impress potential investors?

"God willing", I truly hope they make this bike a reality!

Sadly, in my area of the world, Buell is suffering badly. Our Morgantown dealer, Triple S, just gave up their Buell franchise. I was there today trying to get a look at the xb12x. They told me "Buell just didn't sell". Very sad.

I wish these folks better luck.

bmwdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 04:26 PM   #16
tomk2
Founding Member

$10K of component costs?

Now mark up to cover things like plant and equipment, salaries, business overhead, sales/marketing expenses and hopefullyu some day a profit... and the bike needs to sell for $25-$30K
tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 05:31 PM   #17
SuperBill
Founding Member

I'm thinking that if I were starting up a motorcycle company, I'd shoot for the current hot (and more forgiving) market - high performance standards. The high-end sportbike market is exceptionally tough, with no room for anything that doesn't test within a coupla' tenths of the latest-greatest.

In the standard market, the focus is on well-rounded usable performance, with room for many variations on a theme. If the MRX doesn't come out of the gate at or near the top of it's peer group, look for it to go the way of the Triumph Daytona 600. What was a disappointment for Triumph would be fatal for a one-motorcycle company.

SuperBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 02:38 AM   #18
NLJ
Founding Member

I've done some reading on the Hysosung GT650. While they sell for just about $700 less than the sv650, you can find previous model year new bikes for sometimes as little as $4500. All the user boards i've found have had nothing but praise of the engine. Only problem anyone has is finding maint parts since Hyosung is fairly new in the US and the dealer network is still a little thin.
NLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 05:39 AM   #19
acecycleins
Founding Member

Everything I said takes into account the cost of production in parts. Do you really think that Suzuki can produce the SV for $6300? If the answer is yes then it surely is possible for Fischer to produce a bike for sub-$10k. When tooling is paid for and suppliers are taken care of then cost reduce and profit becomes easier to obtain. If they get this company off the ground it will take betwwen 18 months to 30 months but that company will become profitable. I stand by my business sense. They will sell for sub $10k. Bet a beer on it.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:42 AM   #20
acecycleins
Founding Member

The US HQ is in Norcross, GA. By the time they release the new cruiser they are working on the parts will be there waiting. It the dealer network that they need to build. It will be there, too.