Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 02-10-2006, 03:31 AM   #71
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default Yes, let's stop a second and think!

1. The biggest fallacy I see in your story is the girl had 9 seconds to see this guy. ThatÂ’s the biggest load of bull I have heard in years. Were you there?? Hell no!! There are a lot of side streets here and kids pulling on to and off the road all the time. She could have pulled off a side road onto Brown then she may have had to adjust her stereo etc. She may not have had even a second to see him because she just pulled on to Brown and she never looked up.

2. Let's not forget this guy was in a wheelie when he left the officer. He may have still been in a wheelie right before impact. Most bikes I know of in a wheelie would have the headlight pointing at the sky, not towards on coming traffic where the girl could have seen it.

3. This area is a school zone with several schools and Red Mountain park. There are a lot of kids and family's crossing this road and turning in front of traffic. The non-school hour speed limit here is 45 mph. The wheelie prone 19 year old was going through in the afternoon. Hence most people in that area are not expecting a vehicle to be going even 45 MPH!!

4. You have to be a complete idiot to be speeding and pulling a wheelie in a school zone with multiple schools and a park!!

5. As for what he was wearing who knows. Most 19 year olds in this area on a warm afternoon might be wearing as little as a base ball cap on backwards, t-shirt, jeans, and tennis shoes, or he might have had on a helmet, jacket and jeans. Either way when colliding with a sport ute or even a small car there are no guarantees.

gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2006, 04:04 AM   #72
rsk173
Founding Member

Default Re: Motorcyclists pops wheelie, then crashes and dies.

I've never been so disgusted with a group of people that i thought i had something in common with. Who takes pleasure in reading that someone died?
rsk173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:56 AM   #73
SBZREX
Founding Member

Default Re: Agreed

Thank God the kid didn't kill an innocent person!
Old 02-10-2006, 05:43 AM   #74
waepoint
Founding Member

Well, that's the motorcycling brotherhood for you. Sometimes we're all two-wheeled buddies on the open road of life, other times he's a squid, that one's a fat bob slob, and that other guy's wearing FRINGE fer chrissakes.

No different than any other group of knuckleheads, really.
waepoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 06:15 AM   #75
Dan_1
Founding Member

Interesting that the first thing that falls out of someone's mouth is that speed was the killer. More fuel for the speed cameras that will soon dot the world as they have in the UK. I wonder if the 16 year old bothered to look long enough to see the bike at all. Average look time for cagers(and most of us have those also) is .3 of a second and no second look. I try to remember to look a second time for the bike I didn't see first time.
Dan_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 06:24 AM   #76
ofreen
Registered Member

People with certain types of personalities build their own egos up by tearing others down. Plus, there is a 'piling on' mentality that exists. You can watch that mentality at work any given day in a schoolyard.
ofreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 06:56 AM   #77
bmwdude
Founding Member

Are we talking about the same thing here?

This jerk was poking fun at the fact this kid got killed for being a kid!

That's what has me up in arms.

I've made no denials of any sort!

Oh yes, I was a kid just like this. I just had better luck.

bmwdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 06:59 AM   #78
johnnyb
Founding Member

U go AeroHead. Yeah funny isn't it, I always look twice or 3 times when i pull out in my auto.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 07:07 AM   #79
bmwdude
Founding Member

dx,

We're talking about a child here. Stupid, is what children do!

Put yourself into the shoes of his parents, friends and family for a moment?

Now, as someone close to this boy, how would you feel hearing some of the things that have been said here?

Old 02-10-2006, 07:24 AM   #80
bmwdude
Founding Member

Amen! fl34, you've found all of the words I've been searching for.

I've heard it said that children can be cruel. Some of our fellow MOfo's seem to have never grown out of this.