Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/index.php)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Motorcyclists pops wheelie, then crashes and dies. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3311)

The_Aerodynamic_Head 02-09-2006 05:53 PM

Re: You've heard the phrase

The whole point though is that it has nothing to do with darwinism. darwinism is steady, sure, consistent, predictable, and above all, universal in its application. To say that some survive such incidents and some others (mostly equal in ability or equally lacking in intelligence) fail to survive is statistical, yes, but it is most certainly not darwinistic.

seruzawa 02-09-2006 05:54 PM

Re: Are we even literate?!

Very good.

RonXX 02-09-2006 06:40 PM

Re: Motorcyclists pops wheelie, then crashes and dies.

RIGHT!

caffine 02-09-2006 09:14 PM

War stories and people dying (sniff!). Hey! I once heard, "If your going to ride like a jackass..."

bigdx 02-10-2006 01:34 AM

Re: Agreed

Too many bikers have fatal crashes due to other (read motor car) driver's careless actions for me to feel sorry for this idiot.

Popping a wheelie in front a cop and then speeding off at over a 100 mph is not a 'mistake', it is downrignt stupidity. Good thing nobody else got hurt ...

bigdx 02-10-2006 02:09 AM

Re: The level of irresponsibility is key here

Popping a wheelie on a public road is not bright. Doing that in front of a cop is just plain stupid. Compounding that by racing away at over 100mph afterwards goes beyond stupid and irresponsible.

So yes, I can honestly say I have never done anything that irresponsible or stupid.

The dumb a$$ killed himself. No tears from me. The world of biking is better without him ...

fl34 02-10-2006 02:29 AM

Negative sells and there are a lot buyers here! Get your heads out of your a$$es. If you started riding o when you were a teenager you are lucky to be here. Each incident that I and my friends have had over the years are inventoried as experience and we still ride. That is the difference between those who can and do and those who can't and have no life other than acting pious and judgemental. F$ck-offs!

bigdx 02-10-2006 02:38 AM

Empathy wanes in the face of stupidity.

Wheeling in front of a cop and then trying to speed away at over 100 mph - all on a public road? That is plenty stupid.

DaveFla 02-10-2006 02:49 AM

I can answer that I've never approached 60MPH on a roadway where another vehicle can make turns through my path of travel, let alone 100.

I have no sympathy whatsoever for this rider. I'm sorry if that means we can't be pals.

DaveFla 02-10-2006 02:54 AM

Re: Only thing worse than one bad driver

I thought he MEANT to write 'wreckless' - wreck less- it was amusing.