Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 02-09-2006, 07:00 AM   #21
bmwdude
Founding Member

Default Re: Motorcyclists pops wheelie, then crashes and dies.

Hey MOstaff, what'd ya say we give this jerkoff his eleven bucks back and send him down the road?

What a total a$$!
bmwdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2006, 07:05 AM   #22
cls
Registered Member

Accepting the fact that stupidity, irresponsibility, immaturity, bad judgement, etc. sometimes results in one screwing the pooch, doesn't mean it was the original desire. Make a distinction between accepting responsibility for your actions and wishing for it.

Yeh, we've all done stupid stuff and survived, but, if it costs us one day, that's a chance we knew we took and deserved.
cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:09 AM   #23
acecycleins
Founding Member

I agree. If the licensing laws were set up like those in England the dumb a$$ would be alive today. The motorcycle would have been limited to not more than 250 cc. How many ninja 250s do you see pointing towards the sky???
Old 02-09-2006, 07:10 AM   #24
bmwdude
Founding Member

Amen bro!

I think sometimes we forget that there are people with families behind these headlines?

Empathy seems to be in short supply today.
bmwdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:18 AM   #25
acecycleins
Founding Member

You and a few others have concluded that the girl made a mistake. I you are on residential roadways in a 45 mph zone (and we have no info on topography of the road in question) the girl may not have had a chance with a guy coming at her at 100 mph. That, sir, is not her fault at all. Yes, she should have been aware of her surroundings but this was not her mistake it was his.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:19 AM   #26
johnnyb
Founding Member

wow there is a lot of nastiness on MO. Of course the, who was it? School Police person on a bicycle? would not overestimate the speed of the motorcyclist o no that would never happen.

A motorcycle officer was killed here a few years ago when a 16 yr. old girl pulled out in front of him.

Strong opinions based on incomplete facts a nasty combo... legacy of the Reagan Revolution tho, crumby school systems...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:23 AM   #27
cheapbastard
Founding Member

If I had gotten my liter bike at 19 I surely wouldn't be here now. 20 years of driving experience has made me far better able to see the potential scenarios while riding. We're all brash at 19, this guy just pulled the trigger in the wrong instance. All you holier than thou goobers can get back off your high horse now. Remember- THEY NEVER SEE YOU, RIDE APPROPRIATELY.
cheapbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:36 AM   #28
Pinkslip
Founding Member

Even if you threw kids on a 250cc bike for a year or two, they will still re-gear the bike enough to stun on it. I see plenty of small bikes doing wheelies. Maybe not mile-long freeway stand-up's, but in this case, for example, I don't think it would have made a huge difference. A 250cc bike can evade I bicycle cop just as easy as a 1000cc bike. I do think a graduated license has merit, just not in all instances.

The kid screwed up. He paid the (biggest) price for it. But to say he deserved to die is a bit harsh. He was acting way stupid. He could have killed that girl. Let's be thankful he didn't and leave it at that.
Pinkslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:51 AM   #29
ccd3
Founding Member

If he would have been on a 250 Ninja- he would have hit the girl at 75 instead of 100.
ccd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:07 AM   #30
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I ran from a cop on my XR75 once. He couldn't get near me once I hit the dirt!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote