Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 02-09-2006, 06:19 AM   #11
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default Re: Motorcyclists pops wheelie, then crashes and dies.

Ricardo- Have you ever heard the phrase "Stupidity kills". If the death of this squid stops one of his friends from doing the same thing then it was worth it. Acts of stupidity have to have consequences. If they don't then the stupid stay stupid. Sorry for the family loss. Sorry for the victim. Not sorry for the squid.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2006, 06:23 AM   #12
abogado
Registered Member

I have to second this. I wonder what kind of person it takes to be happy that someone lost their life. This kid popped a wheelie. HE made a stupid, irtresposible mistake. The same kind of thing that we have all done from time to time, but for whatever reason, have lived on. Can you hoonestly say that you have never done any boneheaded or irresposible move that luckily did not cause you or someone else harm?

abogado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:25 AM   #13
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default Speed really could be the factor...

There are several factors at work here...

1. A 16 year old who has probably been driving less then a year is not going to have a lot of experience judging speed and distance before turning left in front of someone. I know my daughters have had that problem when they first started driving.

2. When you add in the fact sport bikes have a very small frontal area and combine that with speeds over a 100 mph in a 45 mph zone (slower during school times) and you have a recipe for disaster even for an experienced driver.

3. Now letÂ’s add in the fact that the motorcyclist was in wheelie mode for how far we donÂ’t know, he could have still been in a wheelie when the driver pulled out in front of him, not exactly the best mode to be in to make sudden evasive actions or slow down.

4. I know this area, there are several schools and parks, not an area to be speeding in the first place.

gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:33 AM   #14
Boromir
Registered Member

Darwin might apply. The kid might have been smart however. We don't know. It certainly appears that he was not wise, at least at that moment. Wisdom is not genetic--it is learned. I am thankful that my 3 M/C related trips to the ER were not fatal. Hmmm, one of those visits was from a wheelie incident, now that I think about it. I guess I am just a lucky fool. I'm sure that we all could get wiser in our riding. Most important is imparting wisdom to the next generation. I am thinking about how the kid's parents are feeling after this.

One of Solomon's proverbs: Proverbs 10:1

A wise son brings joy to his father,

but a foolish son, heartache to his mother.

Boromir
Boromir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:35 AM   #15
NLJ
Founding Member

Examples like this one, are why i support the idea of cc restrictions based on age and experience. I haven't met to many 19yo's that had the sense needed to operate a motorcycle bigger than 250cc's

Feel free to attack me now.
NLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:36 AM   #16
sarnali
Founding Member

Gloating over the kids death is crass and uncalled for but I'll save my sympathy for the girl and the kids family. His own willfull stupidity took him out.

This isn't some tragic accident, the guy did it to himself purposely baiting the cop, then taking off at high speed on one wheel. Suppose instead of a left turning cage the dip sh*t had pasted some little kid on a bicycle, where would your sympathy be then?
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:37 AM   #17
ulhpilot
Registered Member

Too bad the 16 year old girl wasn't killed as well. Following the theme here, she will at some point in her life make a dumb mistake (like all people) and hurt or possible kill another person. If she would have died during this incident, future mistakes would be mute. Right?
ulhpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:48 AM   #18
naco_traficante
Registered Member

Default Only thing worse than one bad driver

...is two bad drivers on the same road. I don't think that its safe to be near a teenager driving anything.

naco_traficante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:48 AM   #19
iamz
Founding Member

Default We live and we die.

Life is no more complicated or important than that. How people like you can go around pretending that every single life is sacred and meaningful is just beyond me. It was the kids life. He died doing something stupid. Its too bad for his family and other loved ones that will miss him. But dude, his life was and is none of your damn business. Get over it.
iamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:58 AM   #20
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default Re: Only thing worse than one bad driver

Amen brother, amen!!
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote