Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 02-11-2006, 11:53 AM   #111
Hutchinator
Founding Member

Default Re: 16 year old girl kills motorcyclist

It started with the wheelie, i.e. trying to show the size of his pair.

It continued with his speed, 2x+ the speed limit. They pull your license for exceeding the speed limit by that much up here, and for good reason. School zone only makes the worse.

Agree, no blame for the cop.

Girl should've looked/judged better, not completely faultless, but does not deserve the blame as you suggest. Should've looked, but still doesn't have the experience to properly judge that speed for such a (comparatively) small object closing. Especially when she's expecting traffic half that speed.

This situation would be like me practicing stalls in a Cessna at 300ft AGL. I can recover in less than 200ft, but does that account for all variables? No, and if/when killed, I would hope others would realize how stupid it was and learn from it.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2006, 11:47 PM   #112
kanani
Registered Member

Default Re: The level of irresponsibility is key here

it wasn't the wheelie that killed him, it was the sudden stop at the end of a brief chase from a bicycle cop, who wasn't even a real cop according to TFA
kanani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 01:42 AM   #113
WeeBee
Registered Member

Default Re: Motorcyclists pops wheelie, then crashes and dies.

The poor kid made a choice (wrong) and suffered the consequences: natural selection in action.
WeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 02:08 PM   #114
iamz
Founding Member

Default Re: We live and we die.

Nazis and Nazi sympathizers were above all, racists.

Nothing I said was racist.

Interesting though, that YOU express a desire to "get rid of" people who don't think like you. Troubling, but interesting.
iamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:41 PM   #115
schizuki
Founding Member

Thank God this kid died before he killed someone.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:46 PM   #116
schizuki
Founding Member

"Can you hoonestly say that you have never done any boneheaded or irresposible move that luckily did not cause you or someone else harm?"

Why, yes. Yes I can.

Funny, but in my experience, the people who say "Everybody does stupid things when they're young" are usually not the sharpest knives in the drawer. So I suspect that it's not kids who are dumb, but dumb kids who are dumb, who then die or grow up to become wrestling fans.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 05:14 PM   #117
alpies
Registered Member

enough of darwin's theory applied where it does not belong. Everyone dying on a motorcycle can be the object of such remark by someone who does not ride. Moreover, there is a case to be made that if we did not have this type of behavior in the human population we would not be where we are.
alpies is offline   Reply With Quote