Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 02-10-2006, 09:28 AM   #91
bigjames
Premium Member

Default Re: Motorcyclists pops wheelie, then crashes and dies.

Man, all these a$$holes are paying customers? That is for the a$$holes, not the rest. The a$$hole comments just stick out. Geez, wonder if any of them actually ride.

I see a couple of post above doing the standard complaint that they always say speed was the factor. normally, I agree that this is over used and generally not accurate, but this time I have to say, NO $HIT!

I too feel sorry for the 16 year old. If the idiot was doing 100MPH, he was doing no less than 45MPG over the limit, probably 65 MPH over the limit. No $hit she didn't see him. No $hit she would not have been able to judge his distance, and under those circumstances, neither could any of us, unless you are accustomed to driving in areas where that kind of speed difference is the norm, like pit road. If she was turning onto the road, the speed limit would have to be assumed to be 45 or less. Damn, you have to sort of expect situations to happen if you don't have a lot of experience. The 19 year old created a circumstance way beyond any driving training I have ever heard of! I hope she does not beat herself up over this, simply not her fault.

I also feel for the loved ones of the 19 year old and the cop who could do nothing about this kid. He screwed up everybodies day and ended his life. And on top of all that, a perfectly good motorcycle was destroyed because someone did something STUPID!
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2006, 09:30 AM   #92
bigjames
Premium Member

Amen!
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:57 AM   #93
bigdx
Founding Member

Your logic is flawed.

Yes, we know younger folk do not act all that all that rationally. Yes, we care for our young and we do not like to see them hurt. Ok.

So now we should look the other way when they take their irrational behavior onto the road? Because they are young, they may break the rule of law and create a danger to other road users?

I say no. When you climb onto a bike (or into a car) you take responsibility thereof. No excuses for endangering the welfare of others. None, nada, nothing.

Sure his parents and family are feeling like sh!t today. Tough. Had they taught the little chump to have respect for others and some self-control he wouldnÂ’t be a statistic now.

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:26 AM   #94
bmwdude
Founding Member

Doughhhhhh! Busted!

My first real job was in a Honda shop. I started off with a late 70's Suzuki single. Rode the wheels off of it. Went from there to a kz750, that went to the scrap heap because of the same type trick this kid pulled. After that was a cb900... the list goes on...

I've pretty much decided on an xb12x for my next bike though. So I guess I'm redeemable?

bmwdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:32 AM   #95
bigdx
Founding Member

You cannot do the subtraction like you do. Fact is, he was riding like a ****. This was no accident. I guarantee you that if you go wheeling down the road in front of cops and then speeding away you will have an accident eventually. I like to refer to clowns like him as 'accidents waiting to happen'. I see them on the road the whole time and sooner or later they will buy it.

As for the young lady that turned in front of mr ****; I do not blame her. The article does not say what the posted speed limit was for said road, but at 100 mph we can assume he was doing at least double the speed limit. She would have had no idea how quick he was closing the distance to her – and that was no fault of hers.

The no-front-brake 40 y/o hog rider doing 35 you describe would not have had the accident. The young lady would have ample more time to observe him coming up the road and more than likely would not have turned in front of him. If she did, it would have been her mistake and she would be deserving of said lynch mob.

Regards

Bigdx

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:59 AM   #96
bmwdude
Founding Member

Perhaps my wording is flawed?

You say nothing that I can argue with. The truth is I have just as little control over my kids(adults now, 24 & 29) as my parents had over me. You simply do your best and pray.

What has me fired up in this thread/forum is what comes across as our callous disregard for the human tragedy that this is. Some even insinuating it was deserved.

No one here could possibly defend the young mans actions! He was wrong, the same as many of us in our younger days. But, his exuberance of youth is no excuse for us acting like a pack of sensationalist news vultures . Getting worked into a feeding frenzy at the sight of anotherÂ’s dumb misfortune. Then jumping directly on our "holier than thou" high horses.

Come to think of it, if anything is flawed it is our own characters for daring to allow ourselves to enjoy a tragedy such as this in any way? Sadism plain and simple.

Old 02-10-2006, 01:22 PM   #97
bmwdude
Founding Member

Epiphany!

Old 02-10-2006, 05:56 PM   #98
DaveFla
Founding Member

We have the facts as stated in the report, O retired journalist. If I can't trust the Mesa PD & Arizona Republic to check that 100MPH estimate right while also reporting facts such as "thrown 130 feet into the desert," then I should remember to take YOUR stuff with a grain of salt if you ever come back from writing ad copy, eh?

DaveFla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 06:33 PM   #99
racerjak
Registered Member

Oh Well!!!!!!!!!!!!!
racerjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 01:27 AM   #100
rthaas
Founding Member

You're right. I just reread your post and realize I misunderstood your comment. Sorry.