Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 01-25-2006, 06:04 AM   #51
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default Having fun is what it's all about...

I just have to agree with some of the comments above "Having fun is what it's all about." If someone is having a great time on their Buell, or Ducati or even there Confederate, then let them have fun!! They probally don't care that you have a faster bike.

And to all you street posers with the big egos who keep talking stupid trash about how your GSXR RR R1 goes goes 190 mph and runs 9 second quarter miles and you are the fastet person in the world I hope you meet up with Sean Alexander on a tight twisty road some day and he leaves your ass in the dust while he's riding a bone stock Harley Sportster!
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2006, 06:25 AM   #52
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Re: Confederate VS Buell

Jeezus. You Harley guys spend money like crazy looking for 115HP. I got all that for less than a grand from my beater CBR1000.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:25 AM   #53
pplassm
Founding Member

I did that with a CBR1000 and it flat rocks!
Old 01-25-2006, 06:29 AM   #54
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Re: Having fun is what it's all about...

I didn't see anyone write that above. I DO see that some people think that there are more economical ways to achieve a similar result.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:33 AM   #55
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default Re: Having fun is what it's all about...

This is the post I was talking about.

"By christian_gates on Tuesday, January 24 2006 @ 15:05:29 PST

V2 bikes, with some exceptions mentioned here in another post, are not, in fact, hard charging. They SOUND hard charging. Sometimes they even LOOK hard charging. But at the end of the day, they're more show than go.

Which eventually blows, because you can't see the bike when you're on it, and parking it and standing around your bike makes you look like a tool. Complete tool. I've seen it. It's hilarious initially, then simply pathetic"
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 06:34 AM   #56
yoavy11
Founding Member

Trade the T'bird for a new 955i Daytona.

DO IT! DO IT!! DO IT!
yoavy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 02:55 AM   #57
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

"Tool":

An idiot

Dork

Retard

Jack@ss

But specifically tool is another way of saying "d!ck".

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:33 PM   #58
tripleripple
Founding Member

Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL

Hey bboule, I don't know if you'll see this one or not....but, I ride a Triumph Thunderbird, and my favorite bike of all time is the Speed Triple...I mean, how perfect! The only reason I'm thinking about going in the Buell direction is it leaves me with some options. I mean, if I were to pick up the new S3 (which I adore in my heart of hearts) where do I go with that??? I can't possibly make that bike any better, and therefore, even though I love my Triumphs, I feel a little less ownership in my project. I guess, for my next bike I want to do a little more than pipes, carbs, and air filter. That's my way of working up and learning how to work on the machines I've got. Know what I mean there?? In other words, I'm purposely seeking out something that isn't perfect (like the spd trip) so that I have somewhere to go with it....
tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:44 PM   #59
tripleripple
Founding Member

Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL

Actually, sir, even though I'm only 25, I've been riding for a while. I may have started on a lowly Honda 50, but I soon graduated to my beloved Kawi 185 2stroke....What? What's that...start w/dirtbikes, get experience, isn't that the motto of this website?.....well, that's where I am now. I started with many years in the dirt because that's the only place I could legally ride (sure that 2stroker saw some public roads), and now I've been riding on the street for 5 years now. Thanks for the riding advice though....I'm sure my dad will be around for my 26th birthday, as you wrote, because his riding experience trumps mine. It's good to have people looking out though...just remember, young doesn't automatically mean inexperienced...Compared to mileage? Sure, you've got a ton of miles (and years) on me, but I did get a good start.
tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote