Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 01-24-2006, 08:58 AM   #21
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Confederate VS Buell

Funny you should mention that. I did a set of 3.5 gal fat bobs that turned out fine. Black lacquer and clear coat and a 1/2 dozen coats of Maguiers Mirror Glaze and they looked purty good
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2006, 09:11 AM   #22
Gabe
Registered Member

Default "Been Around", huh?

How many years were they in bankruptcy? How many dealers do they have nationally? How many bikes have they actually made in those 10 years?

Kelly Blue Book's website only lists Confederate as a manufacturer for the 1998-2002 model years: five years, not ten. If there are more than 500 Confederates total in existence I'd be surprised.

This is a company that gets media attention waaaay out of proportion to their actual sales figures.

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:01 AM   #23
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default You are at the wrong web site.

You are at the wrong web site asking the wrong people. If you really want to know about Buell ask some people that ride them every day and have owned several.

Go to http://www.sporttwin.com/ and post your questions in the forum area
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:10 AM   #24
rubberdown
Registered Member

Default Re: You are at the wrong web site.

Hey, we're over here too! I've had an XB12S and an XB9R. Street and track use. Love'em!
rubberdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:16 AM   #25
Grover
Founding Member

Or Wisconsin.
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:33 AM   #26
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default Re:

Having "manufacturer" status doesn't mean boo-sh*t today. Fact is these guys were out building bikes as early as '95 as best as I recall. They incorperated and got the manufacture license in '98. They've not ever been bankrupted from the history I know. They slowed production of the bikes when they realize the market shift that was happening in '03 and now build bikes on demand. Instead of building crap at 2000 units a year, they now build "Exotic" quality machines at about a rate of a few hundred a year. If you put one of their bikes head to head with anyone else in this industry the bikes will hold there own just fine. As far as the "waaaay out of proportion" statement goes- you are obviously not an entrepreneur. See, those that are in business for profit often "create" buzz about themselves in there specialized fields. If the media comes along and helps that only benefits the entrepreneur.

Anyway, in ALL the press you've seen on these bikes have you ever seen a scathing review? I think not.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:10 AM   #27
johnnyb
Founding Member

Confederates only lost that dang war cause of ****ty manufacturing capability too. the ones i've been in contact with break down with the regularity of pre-XB Buells.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:13 AM   #28
gojirasf
Founding Member

I pay $100/year here in San Francisco for my Hawk GT ... no need to be in trhe boonies to get a good deal.
gojirasf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:32 AM   #29
pudlepirate
Registered Member

washington co new york, not only do I get liability for 325 a year on a '04 speed triple (when it was new) that included comp. and I'm a punk kid! hoping it goes down, what with my good driving record.. wink wink (new york does not honor out of state trafic infractions)
pudlepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:39 AM   #30
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Ya think it's because 130 cubic inch Vtwins vibrate a little bit?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote