Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 01-12-2006, 06:33 AM   #11
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Just another crooked Republican

Liars all.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2006, 06:48 AM   #12
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: Governinator won't be cited for lack of bike endorsement.

LAPD don't care what the DMV manual says. They don't care what anybody says unless they get caught on tape.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 06:54 AM   #13
SV650GLEN
Registered Member

The Governor could do a lot good for motorcyclists image to the general public. He should take this opportunity to take an MSF class and then hold a press conference letting people know the merits of the class. Perhaps some licensed bikers who haven't taken a MSF class would then do so. He could also emphasize that future riders should take the class before riding. However, what happens if he fails the class?

SV650Glen
Old 01-12-2006, 07:06 AM   #14
Tomas_P
Founding Member

Arnie needs to apologise to us fellow California bike riders for his oversight in regard to the bike endorsement, and then he should go down to the DMV and take the test like the rest of us have done.

He can even get some positive spin out of this if he wants to. Perhaps he can take an MSF class first, with publicity, and speak some words about how he supports motorcycle training and safety. This is an opportunity for him to get some positive press (God knows he could use some) as well as generate some motorcycle awareness among the non-riding masses. If I were on his PR staff that's how I would work it... you know, lemons to lemonade etc.
Tomas_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 07:08 AM   #15
Tomas_P
Founding Member

Hey Glen, great minds think alike, eh?
Tomas_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 07:29 AM   #16
RubberPants
Registered Member

This is total BS All us low life MC riders that have to have all the right documentation including a valid MC licence pisses me off! We should all when going to the DMV mention "why should I be equired to have a MC licence when even the Goven or doen't take the laws seriously!

He is an idiot!!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2006, 08:43 AM   #17
DataDan
Founding Member

<ul>[*]You do not need a class M1 or M2 license to drive a motorcycle with a sidecar in Califorrnia. This is covered in 12804.9 of the California Vehicle Code, which you can look up here.

[*]An Austrian driver's license don't mean squat unless you're a "visitor." Presumably, the Governor signed a sworn statement that he was a resident of California before he even ran for office.

[*]A cop cannot cite a driver for violation he didn't witness (a crime, which this was not, is a different story).[/list]
However, he is in violation of the law when he's on a regular motorcycle. I agree with the suggestion that he ought to make a well publicized trip to MSF to get his M1 and to spotlight proper training to boot.
DataDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 09:49 AM   #18
Gluge
Registered Member

wait wait... did you say mertis of a MSF class?

bahahahaha... that's a good one!
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 10:29 AM   #19
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default GPTB silent consent

LOL I agree.Notice the GPTB is silent... longride and Buz's hero caught with his pants down no full face helmet, no training, and no license... I am sure if this story was about a squid basketball player Buz and longride would be all over it....
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 01:17 PM   #20
theDuke
Founding Member

So if someone shows up to the CHP with a video tape of Arnie riding his Harley in the Love Ride last year does that count as "witnessing the violation" or does it have to be live and in person?

Frankly, I don't really care as it's clear that in this instance with the sidecar he wasn't in violation of any laws. However, I agree with others here that he should find some time to turn this into something positive.

With all of the focus on fuel-efficiency and emissions in CA, why not use this to promote MSF classes and the use of motorcycles as a alternative form of transportation in the state?

After having a couple of accidents in the last few years, perhaps our Governor should take an MSF class for his own good anyway.

Regarding the Austrian license, the guy has lived in California for 25 years or so... it's a moot point. He has a CA driver's license, just "forgot" to get a MC endorsement. Oops, sorry, IRS, I "forgot" to pay my taxes last year, you don't mind, do you?

Additionally, if one moves to CA with a valid motorcycle endorsement from another state (not sure about international licenses) there isn't even a need to take the riding test, it transfers automatically after the written test is passed, so the effort required is pretty minimal.

Steve

San Jose
theDuke is offline   Reply With Quote