Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 01-11-2006, 10:38 AM   #21
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default Re: Florida State drops helmet proposal.

If we must accept the fact that we care for All regardsless of financial security then the right course of action is to have the hopitals and the feds make sure that deliquint bills are not just a write off. As far as I'm concerned, the people enjoying the benefit of service should then be charged with the service including reasonable interest and wages should be garnished until paid or until death which ever comes first.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2006, 10:53 AM   #22
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

No surprise here..Fla is the red-state that brought us the "hanging chad"....
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 11:25 AM   #23
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Wear yours and let others worry about their own noggins.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 11:35 AM   #24
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Enough of that lame argument

Quit your lamenting about how tax payers are footing the bill. What about head injuries from car accidents? You insurance industry parasites are raping us and think nothing of it. You insurance turds make sure that nobody wants to turn anything in because you'll increase our premiums. Can't even ask you jerks an insurance question without you labeling us as higher risk and then increase the premium. How do you a-holes sleep at night?
Old 01-11-2006, 11:38 AM   #25
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Crotch rocket riders

They are the reason for wearing helmets and they should. Leave the rest of us alone.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:48 AM   #26
Tenspace
Founding Member

Default Re: Crotch rocket riders

It only takes fifteen miles an hour and a spot of oil or diesel in a roundabout for anyone on any motorcycle to take a fall. Are you willing to risk your life on some guy with a leaky engine?

That's what happened to me. I was wearing a helmet and leather jacket with armor. I suffered two cracked ribs, and there was a gash in my helmet two inches long and a quarter inch deep. It would have been my head. I wouldn't have walked away without a helmet.
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 01:15 PM   #27
Hutchinator
Founding Member

Default Cracked Egg

I'm thinking omelet for dinner.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:43 PM   #28
mii54ws
Founding Member

I don't understand any argument for riding without helmet. February issue of Rider magazine, page 52 in an article on earplugs, references a U.S. DOT study of the effects of helmets on hearing and seeing; "no significant difference was found in a rider's ability to hear traffic, either between helmet types or between helmet and no helmet." It's the wind noise that affects hearing the most, particularily above 40 mph. Also, stuff flying off pickup trucks, dump trucks, road grime, and blowing sand (southwest in spring) can be bad for situation awareness necessary for safe riding. But hey, those that ride without a helmet are more concerned about image just plain stupid. I agree... ride without a helmet, pay your way into the hospital if you survive. Now how cool an image is that???!!!
mii54ws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 02:02 PM   #29
jpp
Founding Member

Default Re: Crotch rocket riders

AS long as your riding without a helmet is not going to increase my taxes or be cited as a reason why my car insurance has gone up then I don't really care - it's evolution in action IMHO. Personally I'll keep wearing mine even if they become optional in CA.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:13 PM   #30
Weezel
Registered Member

I don't really give a rat's ass if anyone does or doesn't wear a helmet. I accept Darwinian theory and reject the "cost to society" argument. I choose to wear one, but who gives a crap what I do. What I want to know is why no one is up in arms about mandatory seat belts in cars or mandatory car seats for kids or even local laws mandating helmets for bicyclists. Why doesn't anyone form MALL - Mothers Against Lobbyist-owhed Legislators?
Weezel is offline   Reply With Quote