Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   Governor Schwarzenegger slightly hurt in motorcycle accident. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/3233-governor-schwarzenegger-slightly-hurt-motorcycle-accident.html)

Tigercub 01-09-2006 07:34 AM

Re: Governor Schwarzenegger slightly hurt in motorcycle accident.

Uh...no

Tigercub 01-09-2006 07:38 AM

"Guess it wasn't a full face helmet, any faster he might be missing teeth."

I think I'm finally convinced, without the accident to prove it to me, that only a full face helmut should be worn while riding. Any helmut other than a full face helmut is only good if you don't have an accident or don't ride the bike.

bmwdude 01-09-2006 08:00 AM

RE: "Schwarzenegger's motorcycle has been a trademark part of his image both on the screen and off."

Perhaps he should consider adding something with power ABS to his stable?

Being busted in the mouth is usually a positive thing for most polly-tick-ions (ya know? "many blood suckers" from the Latin)

But I hate to see anyone hurt on a bike, even if he is a rePUGlican.

bmwdude 01-09-2006 08:05 AM

Why are those things so annoying? I've never quite been able to put my finger on the "why" of it. But they most definitely are annoying to the extreme!

naco_traficante 01-09-2006 08:40 AM

Yeah, I've read more than one account but they all stress that it was a low-speed collision. If the SUV had dropped straight down on his head he would have been OK.

nesbit 01-09-2006 09:09 AM

California DMV has its CMSP (California Motorcycle Safety program) up and running (TV public service annoucements, etc.), and working with the MSF to deal with the geometric increase in bike accidents (up 10% last year in CA) resulting from huge growth in rider base.

bigjames 01-09-2006 09:18 AM

Well, I USED to think I was safer on my sidecar rig than my two wheelers. I mean, how in the world do you not see a sidecar rig! Geez, most are as big or bigger than cars! However, I forgot about the Volvo equation (you know, cars made for folks who really, really don't like to drive) and how brain dead folks can be. Eventhough I am diametrically opposite to the Arnold politically, exceptionally glad the injuries are minor and I hope the bike is not to seriously damaged...the freaking newspapers always forget to tell us about the poor innocent bike's injuries...

sarnali 01-09-2006 09:21 AM

I think it's telling how the focus of the accident turn from someone not paying attention and backing out without looking and keeping the shrubbery in check, to speeding motorcycles in the canyons.

Hutchinator 01-09-2006 09:31 AM

Hell no!

Hutchinator 01-09-2006 09:34 AM

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that, and yet the media claims unbiasedness (is that a word?)