Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 01-07-2006, 03:07 PM   #1
pattonme
Founding Member

Default throw 'em in prison and throw away the key

you hurt, maim, kill someone while under the influence you should get a life sentence. Cheaper to just shoot the perp between the eyes though. A 22 at close range might do it.
pattonme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2006, 04:20 PM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: B.A.D.D. Marks 20th Year.

Reuters- In a bizarre turn of events the President of Bikers Against Drunk Drivers (BADD) was hospitalized with a concussion by a blow to the head from a zimmer wielded by the President of Mothers Against Drunk Drivers (MADD). BADD president Danny Perkins awoke the MADD president's ire when he responded to her complaint that BADD's logo was a ripoff of MADD's with the quip, "Aw shut up bluehair."

Nick Nolte (President and Founder of Drunks Against Mad Mothers (DAMM) a group organized to counter both BADD and MADD and to protect the rights of alcoholics) when contacted at Mitzi's Bar and Gill stated, "Shuch actsh by theshe shanctimoniush nimbiesh only shupport our contention that.... that.. .er well, what ever it ish we're going to file a complaint at city hall if we can find the car keysh that we last shaw Jack Nicholshon dangling over Bambi'sh cleavage.......
Old 01-07-2006, 07:14 PM   #3
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Re: throw 'em in prison and throw away the key

With a .22 there is a greater chance of the projectile tracing the perimeter of the skull and exiting out the other side of the head without ever entering the skull or the projectile just shattering on impact. Which can and has happened.

A headache, but still a head to ache.

The low percentage of a kill shot is why a CCW class will urge you to use at least a 9mm or a .38 as your carry weapon. But please, whatever you do, do not buy a Dessert Eagle. This isn’t the Matrix. No need to own a 10lbs hand gun that is inaccurate and jams at a ridiculous rate.

Just use a 9 or larger. A cheap box of 50 will run you as low as $6.99.

Please be sure to keep the gun upright with the sights pointed towards the sky. You are not a "gangsta" and turning the gun to its side while firing looks retarded and prevents you from even hitting the broad side of Rosie O'Donnell.

Apart from that, a solid idea

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 07:47 PM   #4
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Welcome back.

Happy New Year!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 07:55 PM   #5
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I always wondered if gang bangers used .22s because then they could still shoot someone but get off with attempted murder instead of murder.

Kind of odd that if your target manages not to die you get off with a way lighter sentence.

That whole sideways gun thing is so gay. Can you say gun disarm?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 05:04 AM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

Do not think of as .22 as anything else than a deadly weapon. More people are killed by .22s than any other weapon in the US.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:23 AM   #7
sarnali
Founding Member

That's because most of them are such crappy shots. Hitting a target with a pistol requires a fair amount of skill, if you're too busy shuckin' and jivin', holding your piece on the side above your line of sight and just pulling the trigger at someone who'se either running away or doing the same to you, all your going to hit is some little kid in the playground a block away.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 11:40 AM   #8
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

That sarcasm streak only flows one way, huh?

I know .22's can kill. I have several (not kills, but .22s). But the odds are greater that it will deflect or shatter when it comes in contact with a skull.

And .22s account for the highest kills due to the fact you can get a crappy one for under a hundred bucks new. and are used more frequently in society. So kills are great, but percentage of kills vs. another caliber is lower.

Hopefully this doesn't come off as me being snippy. Not intended.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 06:51 AM   #9
Tigercub
Founding Member

What's the difference between 0.22 short and 0.22 long other than the short cartridge is shorter than the long one. Why would you use a 0.22 short if they both fit the chamber?
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 07:01 AM   #10
Tigercub
Founding Member

This is a bit off topic, but I can drive half drunk better than most car drivers can sober. You probably can too. If a kid shoots across the street on his bike in the dark with no lights and I hit him and I'm at a 0.06 blood alcohol level what liability would I incur? (I can't ride with more than one drink in me, but a car is easy to navigate safely down the street after several drinks, but still below the legal limit (0.0, which I estimate is about 3 to 4 depending on alcohol content of the drink.)
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote