Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 01-05-2006, 06:49 PM   #21
Hipshot
Registered Member

Default Re: Janklow to regain law license.

Well, we are not surprised are we? Before long, he will be portrayed as purer than the driven snow. Spin, spin. Who says you can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear? This incident is well defined as being of the Teddy Kennedy type. Kill a motorcyclist, kill a young (pregnant) girl, use money and power, friends in high places, and a running-dog lackey press and you too can get away with it. No, you really can't. Nobody ever really gets away with anything. If they don't receive their punishment here, they get it in the next life. Be patient.
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2006, 09:05 PM   #22
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

Default Re: Just to be clear.

LOL. Clinton knew that what he was doing would get him into trouble, which is why he lied in the first place, but I honestly don't think he considered it 'wrong' in a moral sense. I think he was perfectly fine with his actions on a personal scale. This illustrates, perfectly, the different uses of the word 'ethics'. The context means everything.

m_t_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 03:37 AM   #23
naco_traficante
Registered Member

True, there is no connection between a law license and a drivers license. However, there is also no connection between that POS and the law in general since he does everything he can to disobey the law in his personal life. It is hypocracy to once again allow him to present himself as an authority on the law.
naco_traficante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 04:17 AM   #24
maladg
Registered Member

You really ought to go into the MO archives and read JB's rant on Ad Hominem attacks. Really.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 05:03 AM   #25
RIT_Phatmac
Registered Member

Default Punishing the pocketbook

It seems that the only justice could come in the form of a civil suit where Janklow is not being judged by his cronies, but by a jury of the people.

He was "slapped on the wrist" for manslaughter, and now he gets his law license back.

Is there a pending civil suit agaisnt this stuffed suit? Nothing bring backs the dead, but civil punitive damages can help the families of those left behind. If only there were a way where another lawyer didn't get a third. . .
RIT_Phatmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 08:15 AM   #26
teknoman
Registered Member

Maybe he got Abramoff to lobby for him.
teknoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 08:41 AM   #27
Gabe
Registered Member

Default You're on your own, buddy!

As a centrist on some issues and a progressive on others, I am really no fan of Clinton, other than to acknowledge the man has more political ability and charisma in the portion of his pinkie from first knuckle to fingertip on his left hand than W has in his entire body and the bodies of the whole crooked cabal that tells him what to do. That said, I really ignored the entire Clinton affair as it was happening, as I understood it was all a bunch of trumped-up BS that cost taxpayers millions and set back the state of political discourse 60 years, while leading to no reforms of any kind, evidenced by the lying and philandering going on in the executive and legislative branch.

But what you said sounds right to me. If only Bush had just lied about a blowjob.

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 08:57 AM   #28
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: The Devil's Advocate speaks ...

"What a bad example. Molesting a child is an act of commisson. There is a victim, a perp, and a conscious choice by the perp to directly inflict harm on the victim. Janklow accidentally killed someone through being an idiot, which is a very, very different thing. "

Interesting point. I understand that, but don't believe in it. Maybe I expect higher standards, but I say if a man waves a gun around and occasionally fires off a shot randomly in a crowded area, someone is likely to get killed and if so, the man with the gun should be charged for first degree murder. That's the way I would have it.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:49 AM   #29
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Re: You're on your own, buddy!

well said.
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:51 AM   #30
12er
Founding Member

I need to run for office...
12er is offline   Reply With Quote