Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 01-04-2006, 07:03 AM   #1
teknoman
Registered Member

Default Re: AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days to Celebrate MV Agusta.

What, their demise?first post![still don,t get it though]
teknoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-04-2006, 07:12 AM   #2
Neal
Founding Member

This is a DONT MISS event for anyone interested in vintage bikes. The swapmeet itself is worth the price of admission,but the bike shows and the racing (vintage trials,vintage MX,post vintage MX,vintage dirt track and vintage roadracing (including some modern support classes) are first rate. In past years we've seen Jim Pomeroy on his Bultaco racing Brad lackey on CZ in VMX and then seen Jay springsteen on a HD roadracer against Gary Nixon on a Triumph. And the regular guys with their matchlesses,Cottons,Indians...its crazy. Last year we had five guys racing Harley MX250's in the PVMX....maybe the first time thats happened in 25 years. Again..a cant miss event!
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 07:13 AM   #3
Neal
Founding Member

Sorry...I meant 3 guys on MX250's
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 08:50 AM   #4
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Looks like I might have to inquire about getting that Brutale back.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 04:09 AM   #5
maladg
Registered Member

I just might need to take some much needed time away from the salt mines and point the Fat Lady north....

Was it Nielson or Schilling who described the sound of an MV as "...a mushroom cloud of sound..."

I have the great good fortune to be friends with a fellow (my wife's long time boss) who owned a 750 America from new in the 70's until family issues (kids & $$) forced him to reap a substantial gain in the early 90's. Ahhh, to run the hands over those sand cast cases! (he also owned a sweeeeet 2002Tii - and if you have to ask, you are not worthy)

PS- it was GREAT for those of us at that certain age to see Nielson in harness again. Hopefully DW at CW will see that he has yet to close the circle until he gets Cook back on a Duc. I suggest the '06 ST3-S abs and a nice long sport tour. Dang if Cook ain't lost even a step - "Hogley Chuffingtion" indeed!

Sorry about the nostalgic memory crap. I plan to blame it on too much work and not enough roughage.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote