Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 12-29-2005, 05:27 AM   #1
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Default Re: Doing the Ton on Christmas

I'm pretty sure I ate a ton on Christmas!

I was with relations a half a continent away from my bikes, so I couldn't ride, but San Diego county is a lovely place to do the Ton on Christmas. I highly recommend it.

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-29-2005, 05:43 AM   #2
sarnali
Founding Member

I've been doing the Ton on New Years Day since '79. It's my own little way of starting the year off right.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 06:16 AM   #3
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Being a Colorada Native (and graduate of CU) you made me very homesick. Enjoy yourself you dog.. I miss the sunshine (300 + days) and all of those (50+) 14,000 ft mountain peaks. 3 of them are taller than Mt. Ranier sarnali...Plan to get back home this summer after a week at Freddy's school in Vegas...
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 06:19 AM   #4
bk6a
Founding Member

I didn't know about the Brit tradition of doing the ton on Christmas, but I went and did it anyway in sunny southwest texas with my new sprint rs. i guess with the right bikes the traditions just take care of themselves.
bk6a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 07:29 AM   #5
acecycleins
Founding Member

Funny thing about the Ton is around Atlanta very few know the meaning. I'd do the Ton as a new tradition with friends if they'd just ride in weather below 60. The pansies around here have trouble riding in anything under 70 for some reason.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:43 AM   #6
eekadog
Founding Member

i do the ton at least one friday a month....

at the track
eekadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:55 AM   #7
GHam
Registered Member

My wife kept up the family tradition of spending a ton on Christmas but my bikes in peices on the garage floor just like every december in Michigan.
GHam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 10:25 AM   #8
teknoman
Registered Member

My bmw buddy,who got me into bikes anyway,used todrive and race bikes for over 30 yrs.He is one of the original cafe racers in england and used to have one of those stripped down bonnies[bonnevilles] in london where ha was doing the ton over the old iron bridge.When I tell this to my wife,she just looks at me [we,re both black] she wonder,s if I,m reincarnated.He wants me to get a thruxton[mild reincarnation],but I won,t cause the back and I,d never get it back from him.
teknoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:38 PM   #9
Bheckel169
Founding Member

I've always envied the folks who live in Colorado as it appears that the weather, though as dicey as any place in the northern climes, seems to provide a number of good weather days in the Winter to ride. I'm in Northern Utah and live a mile high also, but I've got a foot of snow on the ground, my driveway is loaded with snow and ice and going through the canyons in the shade could spell DANGER if it's cold and icey (and usually is). So, I went out to my garage, lifted the cover, wished my 1600 Vulcan Classic a Merry Christmas and ordered "a ton" of chrome accessories over the internet.

Bheckel169
Bheckel169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 01:33 PM   #10
darrinpatterson
Registered Member

Im here in the ATL nad ride in all weather i say we bring in the New Year doing the ton. What ya say?
darrinpatterson is offline   Reply With Quote