Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 12-16-2005, 08:17 AM   #31
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Anyone ride a trike?

There's a guy around here (Granada Hills, Ca) who's got a late model GW with the trike conversion.

I was stopped at a light the other day and here he came, bouncing through the intersection at about 60+. It was augering around like a '58 Buick with bad ball joints. You could see the rider was "white knuckling" it. A look of grim determination on his face.

Phew, those things can cause a lot of damage.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-16-2005, 09:32 AM   #32
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Don't you just hate it when you rear-end cars at a light, because you "forgot" to stop? I also hate it when I take a terrific tumble, because I "forgot" that I was on a trike instead of something capable of being ridden around corners at a respectable speed. -Sean
Old 12-16-2005, 10:18 AM   #33
christian_gates
Founding Member

Sure I can imagine. Every time I see a Harley.

pthhthththbbbb!
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 11:09 AM   #34
teknoman
Registered Member

EHEHEHEEHHAH.Now that was funny!!!!!
teknoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 12:10 PM   #35
Tigercub
Founding Member

"I live in Kiev, Ukraine. Our country was one of Soviet republics."

Thanks for the reminder. But, in spite of what may be the prevailing opinion in the rest of the world, Americans are not all that stupid. OK, most of us are, but not all of us.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 12:12 PM   #36
Tigercub
Founding Member

...or a '63 Triumph Tiger Cub!
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 01:40 AM   #37
xlr8r
Founding Member

But not all the Americans who are good at Geography have good manners, it seems. You should be delighted that an internet site like MO encourages and receives communications from all motorcyclists, no matter where they are. I'm thrilled to think that Ukrainian bikers are part of the MO community, and impressed by his English, which is a lot better than my Russian. When the guy introduces himself and gives a bit of explanatory background, it's the done thing to smile politely and listen rather than bawling him out. Or is that the fashion of US international diplomacy?
xlr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 01:39 AM   #38
Gera
Registered Member

I didnÂ’t said that Americans are Stupid. Old Ukrainian wisdom says " There are not bad nations. There are bad peoples". I used to study in CUNY(City University of New York) and lived in States almost a year. So believe me that I donÂ’t think that Americans are Stupid. They as Stupid as Ukrainians.

Gera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:58 AM   #39
nolaandy
Founding Member

Try one before you buy. I had many opportunities to ride a servicar, and lately I've ridden two Gold Wing conversions. They don't corner well, you've got to be really careful because of the geometry (tipovers happen quickly), the combination of short wheelbase and motorcycle front end makes steering weird. I know folks who love them, but I'd try one out first. It's either love or hate. I'm in the hate group.
nolaandy is offline   Reply With Quote