Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 12-13-2005, 03:43 AM   #71
Whatmough
Founding Member

Default Re: Victory Unveils Their Vision.

It looks like a 'Wraith" (from N.O.) with body work. Very ugly and reminicent of the Guzzi (8cyl.) race bike from long ago. It's where thinking out-of-the-box can can bring design. It will be interesting to see where Victory goes with it. Picture it in enviro-green, it'd look like an insect.
Whatmough is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-13-2005, 04:40 AM   #72
obandoj
Founding Member

That has got to be the ugliest thing on two wheels ever!

And to add insult to injury, they are incorporating their drive train technology into it, I have been introduced to their engineering as of lately, as my partner and I decided to start servicing Polaris ATV's to expand our clientele base. Long story short, sometimes we laugh, sometimes we cry and we allways have all of our metric AND american standard tools out, since the Fuji engines are japanese and the rest is... well you know.
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 07:20 AM   #73
mesoglea
Founding Member

Default Victory Vision

I prefer sport bikes but I like the Victory line, they are an alternative to HD and those bling choppers. The Victory Hammer is my favorite.

I saw this at the Long Beach show. It is definitely odd to look at and I applaud them for trying something different. Look at that swing arm, the pivot point is also the output shaft with little to no rise under acceleration.

I don't think the bulbous fairing or the 800cc engine of the Vision™ will attract many buyers. The engine/CVT combo better have serious power and put it to the ground right if they want it to sell this to Americans.

I also think this is a slap in the face to HD because this is something they would never do.
mesoglea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 07:23 AM   #74
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Something HD would never do...

At least if they want to stay in business.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 08:27 AM   #75
mesoglea
Founding Member

Default Motard

I don't like Ducs but the Hypermotard was interesting. I think the Sport Classics are unattractive. What's old is what's new.

They only sell because of the name, similar to HD. Because of their cost, they are coveted as a status symbol.

Stealing the show was the motorcycle with an airbag.
mesoglea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:06 PM   #76
rpf_racing
Founding Member

Default Re: Something HD would never do...

Yea, infact it looks like they reverted to cheap plastic materials to build the bike, a la the Scion line. O well, no one in their right mind will purchase one of these, Right??? Well I guess we motorcyclists are out of our right mind to begin with cause we ride these two wheel death traps. So I guest I can't really put it past us....

rpf_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 02:35 PM   #77
sean11
Founding Member

Default Re: Victory Vision

man this thing is seriously ugly. how does a "designer" named "tiger" get to keep his job after rolling out this POS. 800 twin paralell? no thanks. His punishment should be riding it to a bike rally or two. If this were my only bike, i would not ride! while i am not a fan of automatics, a cvt on a motorcycle make some sense, especially for bikes with peaky powerplants. no power lost when shifting, smoother power delivery, and the ability to keep the engine right in the powerband. of course, a rotary engine makes a lot of sense, too, but noone liked that Idea either.
sean11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 03:56 PM   #78
joe6pack
Registered Member

Belongs in an art museum for the blind.
joe6pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 04:25 PM   #79
Senior
Founding Member

Default Victory Unveils Their Vision.

Just in time for the baby boomers.
Senior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 05:44 PM   #80
itsings
Founding Member

Shouldn't that be their LACK of Vision!!

I mean how are you suppossed to see where your going with that huge tractor looking front end up there!!!
itsings is offline   Reply With Quote