Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 12-14-2005, 03:34 PM   #91
chasdog
Registered Member

Default Re: Look beyond the hideousness...

Aside from the looks I think its innovative and sounds like it came from the ATV Sportsman of which I own and think the transmission works great with an engine breaking system . Tweak its looks a little and Victory may be on to something. I also own a Hammer and love the way it feels.

chasdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-15-2005, 11:07 AM   #92
rmorin128
Founding Member

Default Re: Victory Unveils Their Vision.

Looks like the product of an unholy union between a motorcycle and the Teletubbies' vacuum cleaner, man...
rmorin128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 01:07 PM   #93
billhawley
Founding Member

Better than morphing a Retro with a Super Motard (ummm... that'd be a ReTard?)

Kudos for trying something "different" at least. Buells are butt ugly too, and have still found a market. I do see some really nice styling elements there (some original Katana in the front fender and seat), and the air cleaner cover somehow reminds me of the old H-D Cafe Racer.

I think the CVT makes for the seed of a great concept actually. I think it'd be a TERRIFIC one with a small displacement EFI'd and supercharged Rotary engine under some (toned down) bodywork. It would finally bring out the best in the wankel (greatly improving fuel economy and throttle response at all speeds.) Give it 100 rwhp and great handling -- with a riding position like Dan Gurney's bike -- and THAT would create a completely different animal for the marketplace. It could revolutionize sportbike/ sport touring thinking.

Polaris should get on the phone to Mazda...
billhawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 06:52 AM   #94
LiionsRest
Registered Member

Yeah! Was thinking the same thing. If they reaally wanted to put some distance between them and the 'box' they're thinking outside of, drop in a rotary! Combined with the CVT you'd have the smoothest ride ever.

Funny to read the angst over it's looks. It's a bit slab-sided for my taste, but I appreciate their going in such a different direction. I'm sick of the Harley clones, I want something strikingly modern.

On item I found quite ironic... on a bike called the 'Vision', where are the mirrors?
Old 12-21-2005, 02:46 PM   #95
anrajala
Founding Member

Ah, Rune. Let me remind you that we in Yurup never had a chance to lay our sticky vodka'n'herring hands on it. Not that with our taxation system we could have ever afforded it either. Had it been available that is. If you know what I mean. Where was that other red wine bottle again

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 03:06 PM   #96
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: And which

Having a phone conversation at a stoplight is nothing. Once, while riding with a big bunch at legal speed +10 km/h, in sheer desparation, I opened a can of sardins with a knife. And please do not let me go on tell you what I did with my wife-to-be in a Land Cruiser while driving home from a particularly moist party.

- cruiz-euro
Old 12-21-2005, 03:18 PM   #97
anrajala
Founding Member

I totally agree with you. Who wants to ride around like they don't know diddley. They should have named it Victory Nodiddley.

As far as the design goes, its far out dude. I love it.

- cruiz-euro
Old 12-21-2005, 03:24 PM   #98
anrajala
Founding Member

Its got twin-spark Spitfire sparkplugs

- cruiz-euro