Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 12-05-2005, 08:12 AM   #1
vcs700s
Founding Member

Default Re: Bad shopping experence.

First Post! I haven't had one of those for quite awhile.

What salesmen and women need to get ahold of is that they should sell you the bike you want, not the bike they want you to have!

I am very fortunate that I have a great dealer 1 mile from my house. I just bought my second bike from them- a Yamaha FZ1. Incredible motorcycle!

I hope you can find a dealer that will do the same for you. Good luck!
vcs700s is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2005, 08:19 AM   #2
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Narrow it down to the Concours, SV650, or the VFR. If you don't get one of those 3 the MO faithful will never let you live it down.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:48 AM   #3
johnnyb
Founding Member

Hey buddy now the internet is here, Y would u depend on a salesperson to buy anything? Motorcycle, car, real estate, stocks, whatever? Just ask me i will tell u what to buy...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 09:05 AM   #4
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

If I needed to buy a Chicago politician, which one would be the most cost effective? They are all for sale.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:18 AM   #5
teknoman
Registered Member

Yep he,s right.The internet may be the way to go,if you are not satisfied with that particular dealership.I don,t know where you live,but try another dealership?Makes me kind of queasy when they won,t give you the right bike or tell you ,that they can at least order it.Makes me wonder what kind of service dept. they have.In a case like that,then buy new with all the warraniy and such even if you get it out of state,they still have to service it.
teknoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 09:32 AM   #6
Buzglyd
Founding Member

The San Diego ones are too!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 09:45 AM   #7
acecycleins
Founding Member

Kawasaki has not started to deliver the new Ninja to Atlanta shops yet, but maybe you're lucky in your area. Going from an old CB to a current bike I'd suggest the following: SV650 (not the S- riding position in too sporty for daily commute and passenger comfort), The Ninja 650 you mentioned, the Honda 599, BMW R1150 series (dealers should have '04-'05 left-overs), Moto Guzzi Breva 1100, Suzuki DL1000, Yamaha FZ1000 ('04-'05 left-overs):

The Yamaha will be the "wheel n deal" bike since they redesigned it for '06. The Guzzi and BMW will roll endlessly for miles without trouble and will re-sale good. All bike will be reasonible on insurance.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:08 AM   #8
johnnyb
Founding Member

Are the Chicago maf, er, politicians Dems or Republicans? Seems like there are a LOT of GOP guys at the national level in trouble lately... probly just a coincidence.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 10:23 AM   #9
SRMark
Founding Member

Go to your dealership that sells MV, Ducati, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia. Chances are they will know what they are talking about. But you might not be able to afford what they sell. Buy the pretty red bike with the 999 on the side. Good beginner bike.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 10:24 AM   #10
sarnali
Founding Member

I personaly don't bother with sales people in the first place. You have internet access, research the bikes you're interested and try to find a dealer that has one in stock. Most won't let you test ride anyway so you're relying on test opinions and how the bike fits you. All the salesman is doing is pestering you with stupid bull***** and writing up the sale.

It's been my experiance that Harley and the European marques have the most knowledgeable, or at least enthusiastic sales people. Most volume Japanese bike dealers salespeople are not that up on their products. There are of course exceptions, but on the whole I find I know more about the bike than the salesman does.

One other thing, don't mistake smaller engine displacements for lack of power. New 600~650 class bikes will run away and hide from your 750 and cost less to own and ride, for example the DL650 Suzuki is almost 40 lbs lighter than the DL1000, gets better gas milage, is cheaper to insure and has plenty of power for 99% of the riding most of us do, same with the SV650 vs. the SV1000.

If I was in your position I'd be looking at the 599 Honda, SV650 or Z750S Kawasaki, even a leftover Suzuki Bandit if you can find one. All cheaper to own and operate than the bigger versions and all capable of doing whatever you want to do on the street.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote