Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   Bad shopping experence. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/3162-bad-shopping-experence.html)

pdad13 12-05-2005 12:44 PM

Re: Bad shopping experence.

SRM is just pulling your leg, of course. The 999, in just about everyoneÂ’s opinon, is not really a friendly road bike until you get to the twisty bits. It's definitely not a recommended re-entry bike. And it's certainly not regarded as comfortable. Maybe it's a bit more humane than the medieval 916-998 series, but not plush in the least.

lwatcdr 12-05-2005 01:31 PM

I know :) but I can play also. To be honest I would LOVE and ST3 but it also seems a bit much for a re-entry bike but a lot more logical than a 999.

lwatcdr 12-05-2005 01:41 PM

Re: I concur. Do your research.

The problem I have is that bike reviews for the most part are all good!

Really I don't think I have read a review that said,"The XWZ 600 sucks, don't buy it".

For example I have read a few reviews of the Blast. It seems like a good starter bike and with the low seat my wife could learn to ride it if I moved onto a bigger bike. The reviews all say it is a good starter bike but a little dull. When I look on line I find horror stories about them. What is the truth?

The new Ninja 650 hasn't been reviewed yet. Even when it is how can I trust the review?

MO does seem to be a little more honest but their reviews do tend to be more towards the hard core rider.

The review on starter bikes was very good but I just think that the Ninja 250 is too small for my wife and myself.

Also why doesn't anybody rate passenger comfort? Is everyone else single? Or is taking your wife/girlfriend with you just not done?

I do wish that MO would do more reviews.

BTW why wasn't the Futura in the Sport Touring shoot out?

Bheckel169 12-05-2005 01:54 PM

Well I think most of us concur except for the humorous excursions into tangents along the way. There is a wealth of research and resource information available on the internet. That's a no-brainer. Once armed with your info, ask for a test ride. My experience has been very good with my Kawasaki, Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki dealers. They would literally wheel a bike outside and insist I ride them. How else are you going to know what engine size, ergonomics for your girlish figure and other things fit or not unless you test the merchandise. If they don't give you that option, say adios. Lots of deals on 2005's out there, especially if you live in the north and sales slow to a crawl during the winter. Often they're loaded with inventory they have to get rid of. Good luck.

BHeckel169

longride 12-05-2005 02:01 PM

Hey JB, did you see Cycle World pulled Cook Neilson outta mothballs and had him ride the new Superglide? That guy was the best back in the day. Did you ever get a chance to work with him?

The_AirHawk 12-05-2005 02:20 PM

Ah, a Rousing Game of "My Politician is a bigger Crook than *YOUR* Politician"!

What Fun!

*sigh*

-Scott

mghempel 12-05-2005 02:49 PM

I bought the ST3 as a modern upgrade (from a 1961 Norton Model 99, which is MUCH more primitive than a CB750). I love the ST3. Perhaps those of you with sports bikes would fault the suspension, but it is great fun, and appeals in the same way that old bikes do.

Buzglyd 12-05-2005 02:57 PM

Gallardi was handing out bags of cash to three Democrat city council members to get the lap dancing law repealed. The strip joint was also getting inside tips on when the vice cops would show up.

One of the city council members in this whole scheme died in his sleep at the ripe old age of 38. Hmmmmmmmmmm

OhioSteve 12-05-2005 03:20 PM

Motorcycle dealers vary from wonderful to woeful. Find a better dealer.

OhioSteve 12-05-2005 03:29 PM

Yes the Internet and friends are decent sources of information. But I think that life is too short to deal with dumb or dishonest people. I would search for a dealership with good prices and service.

I do not think that any marque has a monopoly on good dealers.