Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 11-18-2005, 02:50 PM   #11
eojmo
Founding Member

Default Re: Prayers for an old friend.

Unfortunately these types of "accidents" are going to increase in proportion to the number of creature comforts fitted in vehicles. The other day I saw an idiot overshoot a stop sign, he was talking on a cell phone and drinking a coffee plus looking at a GPS map. I hate to think what would have happened if the vehicle had a flip down DVD player?
eojmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2005, 02:58 PM   #12
obandoj
Founding Member

I am very sorry about your friend Lou, I hope he makes a full recovery, I too had a very sad thing happen to my friend Lynn Snodgrass and his wife Jerry, they were on their way to meet a friend for a day of riding in the great roads of Arizona that we all love so much, when a teenager driving a truck and talking on a cell phone went on the wrong side on the road and had a front end colission with them.

THEY WERE BOTH KILLED!

Now for the really sad part, the little bastard got away with a slap on the wrist, and in the process deprived the rest of us from two great human beings. Lynn was a fantastic motorcycle restorer, winner of many awards, fabricator, painter, rider and just all around nice guy, well so much for justice.

Again, best luck to your friend and I hope justice takes a better path in this instance.
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 12:05 PM   #13
bmwdude
Founding Member

Update: I just got word that Lou has been brought out of the medically induced coma that he was put into. I'm not sure what voodoo the doc's used to determine it was time. but it's done. His eyes are open but he's not talking yet. Too many meds. (He wasn't scheduled to come out for 7 more days!)

No word yet on his back injury.

I'll post more when I know more.

Hopefully we will here from some of his other friends here. I have passed the word on about this forum.
bmwdude is offline   Reply With Quote