Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 11-14-2005, 04:16 PM   #11
pudlepirate
Registered Member

Default Re: Father and daughter create a unique motorcycle.

I suspect while the power to weight ratio is impressive, real world drivability and handling are sacrificed. probably compleatly, unless it is truly a track only drag bike. Does anyone remember the 2 stroke 500 cc moto gp's that were pumping out nearly 200 peak hp?, they weighed in the low three's and theatened to kill their riders every second of the race! it's an interesting concept but makes less sense than a tz 750 with nitrous. As for the "chick bike" I feel emasculated enough any time I rent an automatic econo box to never want the experience to contaminate my motorcycle.

I think I will keep my speed triple with all its pesky gears it's messy chain and it's 32 in seat height, it all leads up to that chalky taste in your mouth when you wonder just how far past center you really just were. for me while being a small part of my motorcycling experience it is definitly a part, even pulling up to a stop knowing that only one foot will reach the ground due to "ahem" limited clearence in my inherited body style, just adds to the exitement

Here is a random thought, learn to ride!!!!!, take the msf course, as a graduate I firmly believe they could teach an narcaleptic poodle to ride a bike! in fact as someone with experience it was agonizing how slow the pace was.

I supose the bike will come with a cell phone holder as well.

Well f it, as long as what I like is offered I supose I can't begrudge anyone for their taste.

When the market fully steralizes the motorcycling experience with automatics, training wheels, airbags, antilocks, traction control, warning radar, onstar and the death of my beloved internal combustion engine, you will find me building a nitrous equiped tz750, I may go out in a blaze of hydrocarbons and enough decibels to wake the dead but at least I can shift when I god damn well feel like it!

Oh and last but not least if it was sugested that my gender required things like low seats and automatics and in general a dumbed down version of motorcycle operation I would be offended! flame out
pudlepirate is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2005, 05:08 PM   #12
DonM
Founding Member

Looks like a hydraulic drive.

Whats he planning on doing with all the bags of fertilizer?
DonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 05:26 PM   #13
jibosch
Registered Member

This or Honda's upcoming DN-01... Hmmm...
jibosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 08:03 PM   #14
Gluge
Registered Member

I won't make of any decent motorcycle, but choppers like this with that super long rake... what the heck is that for? it's just a dumb styling thing that makes the bike a lot worse for actual riding.

Yep sport bikes are almost purely built to go as fast as possible around a track, which most people don't really need, but at least they're built like that for a reason.. unlike choppers. And because they're built to accelerate, decelerate and handle so well, they make decent street bikes too, and with all the braking and light weight, they're a lot safer than a lot of choppers.

Ape bars? what the heck is the point of those? What function were the designers of choppers after?
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 10:06 PM   #15
Gluge
Registered Member

What's up with them not thinking women can shift? my mother drives stick, and I tought my gf to drive stick and now she loves it, I don't even think I could convince her to get a padle shift car she likes the good ol fasion shifting better.

I think it's a shame so many people are put off by having to shift, or learn to shift. Especialy when manuals give you better gas mileage. I think for some reason stick drivers tend to me more aware too, maybe that's just me though.
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 05:03 AM   #16
acecycleins
Founding Member

Guys (and gals), this is great for the motocycling crowd. Father/daughter team create something from nothing and it works. The daughter was probably looking at creating something that looked cool but was not intimidating to ride for her female friends. She said from the on-set that is was a piece of rolling art. Give her credit. Hell, put her on Build or Bust. I just hope my girl grows up and wants to do similar things with me when she's a teenager.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:05 AM   #17
gr8shandini
Registered Member

Sorry, I just read the text. I must have missed the part that there were two different bikes.
gr8shandini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 05:28 AM   #18
Anti-ChickenStrip
Founding Member

Right - I just thought it was cool that they did something together. Doesn't mater if anything becomes of the bike or not. If they like it and had fun making it, then that's payoff enough.
Anti-ChickenStrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 06:53 AM   #19
bigjames
Premium Member

can't believe that no one has commented on the motor they used for the gator like chopper...that definetly is not the 150 HP model...will just leave it at that....flatheads rule?
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 07:55 AM   #20
Tigercub
Founding Member

150 HP, less than 300lbs, only $7k invested in the prototype and no picture.

He goes on to say... "it actually generates more power than it consumes due to a pocket sized plutonium breeder reactor, and then we want to incorporate a coating of cavorite on the undercarriage so it will be weightless - should be available to the public in about three months."
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote