Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 10-25-2005, 05:32 PM   #31
CrimsonDivaT
Founding Member

Default Re: Chicks dig bikes...For themselves!

Yes there is. I recently purchased my first bike - a 2003 Honda Shadow ACE deluxe. Over the summer, I rode about 4500 miles between July and September. I am a motorcycle junkie.

Happy ridz

CrimsonDivaT is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-26-2005, 01:30 AM   #32
piinob
Founding Member

My "Significant other" took up riding about 18 months ago to give us more shared interests. She bought a bike, took the MSF course, bought loads of books, protective equipment, and found a riding club for us to join. Now she has two bikes, a 650 V-Star, and we jointly own a 2003 Gold Wing. I am sooooo proud of her. At the same time I have friends who ride who are actively discouraging their wives from learning for fear they will be hurt. Strange world. FYI, my significant other is a 52 year old fourth grade teacher.
piinob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 03:02 AM   #33
SRMark
Founding Member

The comments from the readership may indeed have something to do with the presence of testosterone. But, it may not. I have been riding with a mixed bag of off road riders since 1999. We meet in Colorado for the Goldrush ride, a splinter group of the main Colorado 500. The typical participant is a 10-73 year old male or female from any of the 50 states. The evening get togethers are all about discussing the (mis)adventures of the day. I think the comments both hear at MO and there in Colorado are more a reflection of intense experience than a by-product of male chemicals. Please do share your experiences and thoughts.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 03:42 AM   #34
Neal
Founding Member

Sounds close to my story....my wife is 53. She took the MSF course and started riding for same reason-to share my interest -but found she loves riding...much prefers it over back seat.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 07:06 AM   #35
satxbiker
Registered Member

I also subscribe and I am def female! I ride an 01 SV650S.
satxbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 07:48 AM   #36
03zx12r
Registered Member

My wife used to ride on the back of my V-max, but got tired of being a passenger. She is now on her thirs bike - A 750 Katana. I never knew I liked biker chicks, but I do now. This has given me the freedom to move up in the sport bike world and she keeps us just fine. I always recommend to the girls to take the MSF riding course - It really pays off with experience (it wasnt my bike she dropped) and in the long run with the insurance.
03zx12r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 09:31 AM   #37
ebass
Founding Member

Last time I checked, you were anything but "taut-bellied" SA.
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 04:54 AM   #38
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Dude, you've got your own costumer?

So, what kind do you wear? Superhero? Pirate? Naughty schoolgirl?

(Couldn't resist.)
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote