Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 10-24-2005, 11:19 PM   #11
blitz
Founding Member

Default Re: Chicks dig bikes...For themselves!

You're so short of $$$ you can't fix a flat/replace a tire? C'mon, do it yourself! You don't have $100 to replace a tire? You can change the tire yourself for an investment of some time and $30 for tire irons.

No excuse. Get in that garage and get to it!
blitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-25-2005, 02:01 AM   #12
articulat_66
Registered Member

My Wife has put 12K on her 599 this year and am I glad. She's a lousy passenger
Old 10-25-2005, 03:39 AM   #13
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default My Wife

She rides. She has gone out to Sturgis twice on her Yamaha 600YX Radian. No problem for her to do a 600 mile day. How her ass can take that Radian seat is beyond me.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 03:44 AM   #14
jhof989620
Registered Member

I'm a woman and although I don't post much I do read these boards alot....I've been riding about two years and commute daily unless there is ice or snow on the ground. I think the article pretty much captured the spirit of motorcycling. I like it because it makes going back and forth to work much more interesting.

And its good to know that us 5's out here become 8's by default when we ride. Its all good.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:03 AM   #15
obandoj
Founding Member

It is great to see more woman on two wheels.

I love having them as costumers, when you explain things to them about maintanance, techniques and the mechanical side of things, they really listen, they love to be treated fairly and make great word of mouth advertising.

Oh, and the chocolate chip cookies I get as tips are delicious!
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:06 AM   #16
bmwbob50
Registered Member

I've had two experiences riding with women.

One was a girlfriend that wanted to ride MC back in the 80s and she bought a Honda Ascot, took the rider training class and scared me to death! I was board stiff in front of her and she was scared stiff following me. Time for a new girl friend!

The next was Fran Crane and some may remembers her as a Iron Butt competitor. It was a challenge to keep her tail light in sight.

bmwbob50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:07 AM   #17
mcruz
Founding Member

Well...actually MO girls do deserve +2 anyway because they have to put up with us, so that makes you a shining 10, honey.

Good to have you around.

Good luck and safe rides!
mcruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:25 AM   #18
SRMark
Founding Member

As I often do, I skipped around reading the article and came to the part where Aruna hopped on Veronica. Got my attention. Just what the hell was I reading? Why do women name things? Anyway, it's always good to see motorcycles/ists portrayed in a good light. We can use more riders regardless of sex, age, income or other demographic measure.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:26 AM   #19
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

I love my 599 too! It's a fabulous bike for a woman, I think - fairly low and lightweight, but plenty of power - a good combination. I've rarely been anyone's passenger though. I started riding back in 1986, on a 500cc Honda Shadow, and have been riding ever since. I couldn't take the riding position so soon moved on to standards (Guzzis, mostly) and old Brit twins.

There are plenty of women riders if you know where to look. Women in the Wind, Ladies of Harley, WIMA, Women in Sport Touring, etc, are all out there.

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:49 AM   #20
joyce
Founding Member

I am going to make a first post(brave little me). I bought a 1985 Honda Sabre in May after taking a Riders Edge Course. Is it a midlife crisis? You bet. I am single have no children and finally had a way to pay for one. Thank you 401k! Life was boring and I wanted to meet some more people. By the way I find reading the comments on this forum pretty hilarious and also informative sometimes. Maybe it leans towards the "macho" a bit too much but hey the readershio is mostly male. Someday I will be able to put my 2 cents in but for now I am trying to learn as much as possible because as all my biker friends tell me I am going to want/need another bike in a couple years.

I have always wondered if there were any other women subscribers to this magazine. Or are they all lurkers like me. Joyce
joyce is offline   Reply With Quote