Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 10-20-2005, 05:26 PM   #51
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Other Options

Someone needs to tell FastEddie that the subject fell off his bike and was run over by a bus.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2005, 05:45 PM   #52
Gluge
Registered Member

Default Yea watch MotoGP...

and you'll see them braking hard before leaning over and entering the corners. Sometimes when they do this they lock the front wheel because they're trying to brake too hard, or they lock the rear wheel etc. at any rate they fall down.... now watch them, see how much farther they slide than they would have gone if they had stayed on the bike with the sticky rubber side down!

I saw a video of a crash, I think it was motoGP, at the end of the straight the guy looses it, goes down, and slides and slides and slides, way past the end of the staight and far into the run off, where as if he had stayed on it he could have slowed down a LOT more.

not to mention the chances of getting run over, say there's a truck pulling out in front of you, if you lay it down you could easily end up going under a wheel, and you have no front forks to bend sofening your impact even if you don't go under. Yea, it's motorcycle, it doesn't exactly have crush zones but it still cruches up to some degree, and you want to be on it so it can sofen your impact, it's not gonna do you any good if you slide into it after it's all crunched up at the base of a brick wall, unless maybe you happen to hit the seat, lol. (joking, as it would do nothing)
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 05:57 PM   #53
Gluge
Registered Member

Default Re: Man kills motorcyclist. Bail is $1,980.00. What now?

So so lame... let me get this straight...

you speed (only up to 100) you split lanes while doing it, then a cop chasing you tries to do the same has a mechanical failer that causes him to crash and die and you get charged with murder.... how does that make sense?

And if in some weird way this makes sense then... you graped some candy bars from a gas station and didn't pay for them, you ran out with a cop chasing you, then ran across 6 lanes of freeway and the cop tried to chase you but his shoe broke and he was run over by the cars, you would get charged with murder?

Here in LA thankfully, they're actualy supposted to do something called 'break off' when a chase becomes unsafe... like say if it seems like the officer could die... because for some reason they don't think it's worth an officer's life to give some one a speeding ticket, or even a wreckless endangerment ticket, etc.

Why do they have this 'breaking off' thing? maybe it's because they've killed several inocent people chasing people that are speeding or have expired registration etc. etc.
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 12:24 PM   #54
kwh
Founding Member

Well, nobody sensible anyway. You can't steer, the brakes don't work and you've just trashed your bike and your riding gear. Or your flesh in your case. It is a completely bogus strategy for avoiding ANY kind of accident except possibly where you might need to limbo your way under a tractor-trailer unit stunt-man stylee. 'Laying it down' is bull***** for 'panicked, locked the rear, fell off and then hoped I would survive what happened next, because it was out of my hands'.

Learn to use your front brake, learn to use radical emergency countersteering and learn not to take riding advice from ignorant self-styled experts who will only put you in a world of pain.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:31 PM   #55
kwh
Founding Member

Well in your case you were copmparing the co-efficient of friction of your flesh with that of your motorcycle. And the bike probably slides faster. Unless your leg is trapped under it, then you probably slide at the same speed.

Which speeds are both several orders of magnitude faster than your bike would travel with its sticky rubber down and it's high performance front brakes grabbing the disks hard. ..