Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 10-14-2005, 11:02 AM   #61
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: HD not dead yet.

Hmmm.. I don´t think its the case of how well they raise to the challenge. After all, its in the hands of the environment that H-D has only very little control of.

All could go well. Or the buyer demographics, fashion, economic downturn, market saturation, 2nd hand glut etc. could all combine. If I was them I would produce LESS now when the demand is still strong.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-14-2005, 01:14 PM   #62
anrajala
Founding Member

They should be more expensive. I had a Yamaha Royal Star and it was a better bike than my current Fatso by a score 7-3. The Fat boy is better in 3 aspects: torq on very low RPM, more stable straight line thus can be ridden without hands - which is handy when you have a hooker and a drink - and is much more agile in dense traffic.

- cruiz-euro
Old 10-14-2005, 01:18 PM   #63
anrajala
Founding Member

So how is your Ridgeline doing?

- cruiz-euro
Old 10-15-2005, 12:23 AM   #64
KevDog
Registered Member

Default Re: I've soiled my armor...

Yeah. I used to drive my wife nuts with it even before she was my wife. A couple of my frat buddies had almost the whole movie memorized and would say the lines with the actors. Absolute geekdom, huh?

Between this and the first 45 minutes of Full Metal Jacket, I used a lot of brain space that should have been for my classes!
KevDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 03:12 AM   #65
bmwdude
Founding Member

Ahhh, beißen Sie mich!

Just kidding....

I will admit, like I could hide it; That the fad humping trend lemmings that ride all of four hundred miles a year irritate me. I do like their pirate costumes though.

Learn to ride, get *EXPERIENCE* on a *SMALL* bike. Then get your HD. Accident stats will then go down! (I'm talk'n to you too young Squidly)

As for HD bikes? I love'm all! One day I plan to own a geezer glide. But not just yet. Too many others on my list. The new Buells for example.
bmwdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 09:28 AM   #66
mhosch
Founding Member

Heh. 329000 motorcycles shipped! I don't own a harley davidson, have always and probably will always buy japanese bikes, but this company is strong as hell.

The biggest possible disaster would be if harley execs started listening to any of this drivel and made decisions based on stock price instead of the heavyweight motorcycle market and their brand.

As long as Harley execs concentrate on building quality, focusing on their brand, and other assorted motorcycle business related items, things will be fine.

The stock market and the chicken-little analysts are a silly game in and of themselves.

Rock on harley davidson. Remain true to the core. You guys know the score.
mhosch is offline   Reply With Quote