Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 10-04-2005, 06:53 AM   #71
caderider
Registered Member

Default Re: Am I the only one tired of the motorcyclist wave?

From the Department of Redundancy Department?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2005, 07:02 AM   #72
caderider
Registered Member

"These days it's fragmented into Harley riders , Sportbikes, BMW's, Goldwingers, Metric cruisers, etc"

I wave to almost everyone, except if i don't see them (sometimes they are behind a cage a little too close or a little too far right) of if I am clutching, etc.

However, on a Goldwing, i notice that most, regardless of what they ride, will wave.

Usually when they are in groups, it tends to be less often, but still happens.

Of course, if they don't wave, I assume they didnt' see me, or were clutching, concentrating on something else (traffic?), etc - I don't hold it against them
Old 10-05-2005, 08:22 AM   #73
articulat_66
Registered Member

Speaking as a Grumpy 39 year old. I normally wave, but don't really care wether I'm part of the fraternity or not. I ride for myself and don't feel any need to be part of a group. My Wife on the other hand love's to wave at everybody and likes feeling included. We both ride about 12,000 miles a year and love the Ride.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:04 PM   #74
jbbishop2
Registered Member

I'm with Holy_Kaw, and Karlton, and narco (shut up about the one-eyed truck...); I wave to every bike, every time I can, scooters, cruisers, sportbikes, whatever. I ride every day I can to and from work, rain or shine, and I wave because I'm still kind of giddy with the pleasure of riding (and I turned 50 this year, so have ridden for 30+ years off and on). I'm having so much fun, I feel like recognizing the other folks having that kind of fun, too.

jbbishop2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 05:17 PM   #75
rhanahan
Founding Member

I am 64 & been riding since the late '50s in those days if you seen someone on a bike you knew he could do all the repairs to keep the machine going. There were very few dealers that knew as much as the riders or had anybody to work on the bikes, you waved to let them know there was help or knowledge available to keep the few riders in the wind, and yes today no-one works on their bike and there are millions of riders, but there are still people who will try to help, even if it is only a wave and a smile to give, and if you don't return it or are two busy, it still made me feel good.
rhanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 07:03 AM   #76
AKDavis
Founding Member

Maybe you're just a prick.
AKDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 07:14 AM   #77
AKDavis
Founding Member

yeah, I gotta say that you are smoking crack if you want to debate the legitimacy of the Corvette as a "real" sports car. I'd say on a global scale the Corvette epitomizes the image of American sports car prowess for the last 50 or so years...

hmm, let me guess what your concept of a sports car is... the Nova, the Chevelle, or the Dodge Charger right? All fast cars in a straight line, but PRIMARILY BUILT FOR HAULING GROCERIES AND KIDS. They're muscle cars, but not "sports cars".
AKDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 01:20 PM   #78
36047tcuv
Founding Member

Please get a life, you sound like a bore and no one I would want to know. I wave and retun the jesture not as "Hey look at me too!" but as a way of getting a return wave indicating to me that this is an observent rider. I hate it if they don't see me because I am afraid for them the may soon be "Darwined" out of this world or worse, trade two wheels fore n' aft for two wheels side by side with tubes at booth ends of their digestive tract. You are just an arrogant selfabsorbed killjoy.
36047tcuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 05:13 PM   #79
LWS66
Founding Member

Here's a great idea! When your driving your car, truck, SUV.....or riding your cool moped, you could wave at those that drive the same brand as you. Like the Jeep guys do, or Corvetters do. Everyone will be waving........one big happy world! Four door Buick? Give 'em the wave! Yeah.........
LWS66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 05:58 AM   #80
mii54ws
Founding Member

I too remember when working on my bike was the only way to get it fixed; and finxing was a nearly constant endeavor. Now, the darn things are so complex, needing expensive stuff to do nearly anything, that I do only the basic stuff. I have rebuilt the engine in my XS1100 a decade or two ago. I would in no way attempt that task now. BUT........the technology also means the darn things run for a long life, trouble free.............god I hope my next trip on my Vulcan doesn't make me regret this praise.
mii54ws is offline   Reply With Quote