Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 09-26-2005, 02:41 PM   #11
rsk173
Founding Member

Default Re: Murder By Car, Inc.

no matter what kind of instigator anyone is on a bike, they pose little threat to a car. if this A$$ H@!e lived in michigan he'd be a serial killer with all the construction screwing up traffic.

p.s. cars don't kill people. people kill people.
rsk173 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2005, 03:10 PM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

So, DeJean had an "accident", huh? I'm afraid that the day he was born was the real "accident".

Sometime spend a few days reading the police blotter in your local newspaper. You'll find that more often than not the person who killed someone with a car had a string of violations, especially DUIs. These people seldom come out of the blue but have a long history of criminally dangerous behavior. Janklow anyone? you could make the streets much safer by getting rid of about 2% of the drivers.

Longride is right. If you want to kill someone, use your car. If DeJean had "run over" his girlfriend with a gun instead of his car a few years ago Kruk would still be alive.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:12 PM   #13
frankfilm
Registered Member

That's the second road rage murder I've heard in the last two weeks. The first one was near my home. A car and a truck got into a road rage race. The truck broke off. Then the car made an illegal U-turn. He crossed the path of a motorcycle. The rider was killed. He was coworkers relative. The cage drive had a suspended license for a DUI. Senseless and sad.
frankfilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 08:11 PM   #14
Viffer-dude
Founding Member

I'd really like to hear the entire story on this one. "Passing in a turn" probably means they cut off the cager or some other stupid act. Pretty vague description of events.

In any case, they should lock the scumbag up until he's ready for Social Security.
Viffer-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 12:11 AM   #15
stk10759
Registered Member

As motorcyclist's we all have to be aware that we are targets for these idiots. We've got to petition for stiffer penalties, on the road you cannot trust the driver next to you and we as cyclists need to remain constantly vigilant and aware of our surroundings. The trend is for 2005 to be the worst year for motorcycle deaths it takes all of us collectively to contribute to safe riding. Ride Safe everyone.
stk10759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 12:13 AM   #16
wilderness_crier
Registered Member

Hang 'im high....
wilderness_crier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 03:00 AM   #17
RIT_Phatmac
Registered Member

Default Insanity on the roads

I am deeply saddened by this tragic, greivous act against one of our own.

I ride like everyone on the road is out to get me--I'm glad that not too many really gunning for me.

I will ride even more carefully in Mr. Kruk's honor. Remember the fallen. Ride Smart.
RIT_Phatmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 03:16 AM   #18
Iman01
Founding Member

Not passed in 'a' turn; it said 'passed in turn'. Leads me to think they were playing, I want to be in front of you.
Iman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 04:38 AM   #19
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default A close one

I had a close one in Mesa AZ one day.

The lane I was riding in was ending and no one was letting me in I mean no one, the traffice was crushed in bumper to bumper.

Well I am on a little Buell XB12S so I squeeze into the bicycle lane and scoot on up where the traffic is thin enough to merge.

So this guy in an old El Camino doesn't like what I did at all. He's back there shooting me the bird shaking his fist etc.

So traffic is moving pretty slow when all of a sudden I feel something against my left leg. I look down and this guy has his right front fender aganist my leg. Scared the hell out of me.

I jumped back into the bicycle lane and tear on up the road. At the next intersection I take a right and accelerate hard to get the hell out of there.

I keep looking back but don't see him again, must have been caught in all that traffic.

But left me pretty shaken all the same.
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 05:02 AM   #20
SRMark
Founding Member

Boy, if that don't peg the anger-meter.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote