Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 09-21-2005, 02:19 AM   #41
caderider
Registered Member

Default Re: Scooters! Learn to love 'em.

"Plus, riding a motorcycle makes you a safer driver in your car. "

AMEN to that!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2005, 02:22 AM   #42
caderider
Registered Member

Default Re: Motorized bicycles are better...

"Of course I don't tell the DMV that they're 80cc, but 49cc (to comply with oppressive Kalifornia regulations). "

So, what happens if I buy one of these things, and DMV somehow finds out that it is in fact over 49cc? Am I liable?
Old 09-21-2005, 05:51 AM   #43
bross
Registered Member

Default Re: Scooter Etiquette

LOL, sure I wave to scooters, anything on 2 wheels
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 06:13 AM   #44
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Motorized bicycles are better...

In California they'll cut your hands off. That's OK though, I also supply a set of "hooks" you can use.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:15 AM   #45
gas_pig
Founding Member

Default Re: I want a mini-motard scooter!

Mmmm....2-smoke.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:08 AM   #46
teknoman
Registered Member

I,m pretty up on scoots Ilike the new piaggios large displacement scoots along with the 8ft long yamaha morphous.I was never deciding on getting a scoot until my bud pulled up on a honda silverwing.VERY NICE!.He has done over some 700 miles round trips and has had for only 10 months and put on 10,000 miles.I would kill for the new gilera 5oo.we have a piaggio/vespa/derbi dealership here in vegas.Thanks for reminding me!I am coming into some cash will go take a look at the yammie morphous and piaggio.If you googke up yamaha maxam ,you will see a sight called maxam/tandem cruiser.don,t be put off by the japanese.the important parts are in english.best motorcycle site I have ever seen .music etc.I am leaning towards that or the piaggio.
teknoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 12:49 PM   #47
Glarepolish
Registered Member

I ride a 2000 Yellow GSX-R750 and a Black 2003 Piaggio BV200 Scooter. Man I'll tell you right now that that bike Rails for a scooter. It may be really down on power compared to the GSXR but it sure is more relaxed to ride around town on then the GSXR and that 200cc liquid cooled 4 valve single has more power then any 200cc single ever should have the right to have. It will do 90+ mph! I'm telling you that that thing is so much fun in the twisties and it is WAY flickable. And Those Brembo brakes are well, they're Brembo need I say more.

Granted on longer trips that requires highway and freeway cruising I prefer the Gixxer but for around town and sidestreet trips I will be hardpressed to pick the GSXR over the Piaggio. Maybe I'll take it to San Diego just to see how it does on a long haul. Hmmmm....