Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 09-20-2005, 04:58 AM   #21
ccd3
Founding Member

Default Scooter Etiquette

So- are we supposed to wave back at scooters? Or is it more of a mod vs. rocker aka Quadraphenia sort of rivalry? Fans of the Who will know what I mean.

I my minds eye I see from Saturday a 40-something year old guy, horribly pink with gut spilling from his shirt grinning ear-to-ear as he rides helmet-less and bare-foot on some indiscernable 50cc scooter.

yeah- i waved back.. then felt dirty.
ccd3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-20-2005, 05:29 AM   #22
teknoman
Registered Member

Default Re: Scooters! Learn to love 'em.

Yammie morphous,went to their website in japan [known as maxam] ,pretty impressive site.streaming video ,makeyour own movie,etc.this thing is big!93 inches! 250cc,s,Is thatenough power for two up riding? And yes I would hope their would at leat be an msf course for scooters. you can see this behemoth just by googling maxam
teknoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 05:52 AM   #23
joker2
Founding Member

People are freaking stupid when the majority still drive in cages, with one person in them talking on cell phones or tuned into there boom box madness. Your are right abount the price on gas, they want there freedom for any price. People in the good USA gotta have the fastes and the loudest
joker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 06:08 AM   #24
drayer
Registered Member

I've had a Zuma since I saw how useful/accepted they are in other parts of the world. I have full-size bikes for distance but for local errands they're hard to beat. Even though the mpg is around 40 (full gas - full brake - horn between) they only carry 1.5 gals. so goin to the gas station is pretty regular event. For me the biggest thing is parking. You can park them anywhere you can park a bicycle and not bother with chaining them up - sweet.
drayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 06:19 AM   #25
pikehk
Founding Member

Default Way wrong on the Breva

I don't believe you will find a much easier to maintain bike than a Guzzi. All the get to parts are right out in the open. They are dirt simple and the design has been the same for years. There is also a big owner group than can help you fix anything. These people will even ride to your house to help you. We are a weird group. I don't think you would ever be sorry you bought the Breva. They are ready to go one hundred thousand miles whenever you are.
pikehk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 07:00 AM   #26
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Motorized bicycles are better...

I've been building and selling my own "scooters" (actually motorized bicycles) for about 4 months now, using 80cc Kingsmotorbike motors. Sold four of 'em so far and have 2 on the table.

Of course I don't tell the DMV that they're 80cc, but 49cc (to comply with oppressive Kalifornia regulations). Kingsmotorbikes is working on a 100cc top end and should have one avaliable soon. The motors look like a Chinese version of the Fuji Ace 90 motor, clutch and all.

Geared right, on a nice beach cruiser frame, they can hit 40 mph plus. You don't need a license or insurance, and just need to wear a bicycle helmet. They also get on average about 80 mpg.

You only have to license them one time, with no annual registration fee.

Send me a message if you want to see a picture of a completed one. Retail anywhere between $300.00 & $800.00 depending on the bicycle and accessories.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:31 AM   #27
Solace
Founding Member

Agree to training and licencing. Your just as dead on a scooter as you are on a bike....

Solace
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 07:44 AM   #28
Tigercub
Founding Member

LOL !!

You could find gas for 25 cents. What a cheapskate!
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:08 AM   #29
Tigercub
Founding Member

I've seen more bikes on my morning commute lately. They are different from the brand new 600s that speed through in the spring. These are older bikes, mostly cruisers and relatively smaller displacement. I've seen an increase in Kawi 500 Ninjas too - maybe the perfect commuting tool.

I need something better weather protected. In the rain my points and coils get wet and the engine starts to misfire.

I saw a brand new Yamaha Majestic, I think it was, weave through traffic past me. Looked good for mid-winter commuting in the rain. Anyone know anything about these machines?
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:38 AM   #30
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Scooters!

It's a scooter that I thought was only avaialble in Europe & So. America.

125 & too fiffti cee cees. Bueno. Mueto bon.

Where's you see one? I thought they were two-strokes. And as you know twice strokers are verbotten at anything over 50 cubic centimeters here in the US of A. You live in Canada or sumpin'?