Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 09-11-2005, 05:29 PM   #11
Nd4Spd1980
Founding Member

Default Re: THE GEICO GUN

Who do you use?
Nd4Spd1980 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2005, 05:35 PM   #12
Nd4Spd1980
Founding Member

Default Re: Insurers in hot pursuit of the motorcycle market

My suggestion,

Take the motorcycle safety course, start with and old naked standard, then move up to a lightly used, fairly modern 600, then get your brand new 1000. And somewhere along there, take it to the track! Just my own personal guide to riding safety
Nd4Spd1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 06:32 PM   #13
gas_pig
Founding Member

No motorcycle insurance required in WA yet which is a good thing. I've got my DRZ400S insured for about $15/month (same place as our cars and house). They won't even touch my FZ1.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:40 PM   #14
ncelik
Registered Member

I can't really complain about Amica here in Massachusetts. I have not had any claims, so I can't tell you how they'd handle it, but the rate does not suck.

As for Geico - beware. Years ago, when I was living in Florida, I was insured with Geico. Both cars got floded (yes, Hurricane), and getting the money out of them was tough. Worst of all, water got into the transmision of one of them. I called up, so they can tow it, and they said: Just drive it to the shop. OK,...I'm thinking, what do I know, I'll do what they say. Halfway, it dies on me. Now they do not want to pay for the transmission, they say I drove it with a known defect. A55holes. All I'm saying is beware of Geico.
ncelik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 08:48 PM   #15
sarnali
Founding Member

No, I-5 south of Seattle
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 12:45 AM   #16
eekadog
Founding Member

i almost got charged extra for a blower on my truck...the girl kept on trying to call me up after I told her to mind her business...i didn't answer the phone and they didn't raise my rate...
eekadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 02:23 AM   #17
bod
Founding Member

It's because they pay that gecko to much money.
bod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 02:27 AM   #18
bod
Founding Member

I agree about state farm Ive been with them for years and they aren't always the cheapest but they pay When I wrecked my magna 5 years ago they paid it off quick and when I got my replacement (1400 Intruder) they said my rates would increase due to the wreck and they did about 18 dollars every six months with a bigger bike. I didnt question it.
bod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 03:47 AM   #19
seruzawa
The Toad

I'm glad it worked out for you. I never carry full coverage 'cause I never finance a bike. I usually buy old ones and who's gonna steal a 14 year old GSXG or a 25 year old KZ750? Well, maybe mscuddy would but I don't think he'd drive all the way to Salt Lake and he already has a KZ750 so I guess I'm pretty safe. I might even be happy if a bike got stolen 'cause then I have a good excuse to get one of them XB12s or an S3.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:14 AM   #20
acecycleins
Founding Member

Yeah, I know you guys can't wait for me to spew this....Being a "real" motorcycle insurance agent and agency owner I can truly tell you that your rates won't decrease. Facts are harsh, but if it weren't for the baby boomer turn biker crowd and the "i'm 17 (to 29) can ride better than Rossi" sportbike crowd then rates would stay in check for better than two years at a time. I started my business 5 years ago and have watch rates in almost every bike segment damn near double. Now, I am not saying there are not good deals to be had. It's my job to find the deals, but when a guy in his fifties with 40 years of riding experience can't find a Harley rate for better than $550 (or more in some cases) a year then all is asckew in the world of insurance. And it is not going to self correct. Fact is, as long as the horsepower war continues in the sportbike world and boomers keep wrecking Harleys we should expect rates to rise not fall. Sorry for being the guy to break it to you.