Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 09-10-2005, 04:39 PM   #11
smackd2k
Founding Member

Default Re: "I can save my own life" thought of the day II

45% of fatal motorcycle crashes involved alcohol? Who rides after drinking? I made a promise to myself to never do this. I like my ****tail as much as anyone else, more possibly, but I never drink and ride my bike. Does this statistic include the cars these accidents involve? I do see lots of cruisers, Harley's mostly, parked outside of bars. If your hanging out with drunk friends that's fine, but if your gonna drink get a cab. Alcohol impairs your judgement, and one beer on a bike is more than enough to get you killed.
smackd2k is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2005, 06:04 PM   #12
SmokeU
Registered Member

That whole 205mph thing was a hoax. The Troopers even admitted that he was not going 205mph.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:27 PM   #13
dukew
Founding Member

I just love statistics. If you add up all the percentages of things involved in accidents, it adds up to about 350%. Do they apply common sense before publishing this malarky? Don't bother answering, as it's clear from the results they don't have any to apply. More statistics? Number of self-important brain-dead dolts who just missed me because they were talking on their cellphone? 100%. Number of idiots who tried to hit me because I could slip through deadlocked California traffic and they couldn't? 100% Number of imbeciles who should have lost their licenses because they ran into something or somebody while shaving/applying makeup/reading/drinking coffee/eating in their cage? 100% Hmm, there's another 300% -- somebody call the NHTSA!
dukew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 04:02 PM   #14
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

I'll drink to that! (currently it's a Saranac Black Forest beer. Mmmm.)