Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   ''I can save my own life'' thought of the day (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/3011-i-can-save-my-own-life-thought-day.html)

boru4761 09-07-2005 06:14 AM

Re: Not fair

Actually, I read the article first. Then, I went for the first post.

Buzglyd 09-07-2005 06:30 AM

Re: ''I can save my own life''

I think those cultures are anti-gay so I'm guessing there were no queens.

Hutchinator 09-07-2005 07:22 AM

Re: ''I can save my own life'' thought of the day

Depends on which lecture. The usual one's we get all the time, no, it's done by someone checking off the boxes.

Before we can ride on base, we have to take a safety course (MSF style) or take the MSF course downtown (my choice, didn't have to take the Practical switching to an AK license).

The decisions made, especially PACAF's lastest greatest (See below) are generally made by those who aren't riders.

nkaliste 09-07-2005 07:23 AM

posts that only say, "first post!" are the single most annoying thing about MO news articles.

to those resposible, I say:

STOP IT! NO ONE CARES! YOU'RE BEING LAME!

ok, i feel better now.

pplassm 09-07-2005 07:40 AM

First Post!

Hutchinator 09-07-2005 07:40 AM

Re: PACAF

This new program was in place well before the 101 hit us. When I got back from deployment end of January, I was told it already applied to me.

Couple of points of clarification I wish to make to the policy above:

'New Motorcyclist' is relative. They generally go by when you took the safety course unless you can prove a certain level of experience (by documentation, not testing). So if someone rode everyday before he joined, and was sent here, he could be limited to the new rider's rules. On the other hand, I could probably pass the MSFÂ’s Advanced course with a little more practice despite low hours on a bike and be qualified to have the restrictions removed.

The engine size limitation is across the board. I canÂ’t go out and by myself a Sportster, but the 600 Ninja is GTG.

CanÂ’t speak of the mentorship program, first hearing of it.

PACAF is making great gestures at improving their safety, even have a new program for tracking it and determining how ‘At Risk’ personnel are (PACAF CARES) but most have no substance (PACAF CARES), and those that do make about as much sense as the Motorcycle policy. It all stems from the fact they were leading the AF in mishaps and accidents, so I understand why they’re doing this. What I have a problem with is splashing a little paint on the asbestos and calling it good.

gforces 09-07-2005 07:42 AM

First post!

gforces 09-07-2005 07:42 AM

doh!

smoove 09-07-2005 08:08 AM

Re: Not fair

I agree. I think you should be given the first post award because your first post actually WAS a post. No credit should be given for a first post when "first post" is the only thing in it. Sheesh.

mscuddy 09-07-2005 08:20 AM

Re: ''I can save my bacon" thought of the day

I wonder if that would help the kid who I saw in the crest Sunday wearing a tank top and shorts riding his first street bike, a '03 GSXR1000?

Doubt it....