Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 09-03-2005, 06:18 AM   #11
kihei
Founding Member

Location: Gilbert, AZ - A suburb in the east valley of Phoenix.
Default Re: ANOTHER Proud owner of a SV650

Thanks for serving your country and coming home safe. I purchased a used '02 S model for my wife as a first bike. She is a motorcycling riding grandmother! Some people think that I got it so I could ride it! No way!!! REALLY!! It is a great bike, especially for a first or returning rider. I installed some SUN Clipon Risers to reduce some of the strain on your wrists from the mildly aggressive riding position and it made a great improvement, making the S more rider friendly than it is already. A great bike, and I do ride it with a BIG smile!! I did really get it for my wife!!!
Silver 2002 SV650S
BMWMOA 45617
AMA 576082
kihei is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2005, 05:39 PM   #12
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Re: Proud owner of a SV650

Free subscription? You guys should have told me while I was over there! I think I even renewed from the Presidential Palace in the Green Zone.

Old 09-03-2005, 07:32 PM   #13
pudlepirate
Registered Member

started out with a '04 speed triple, and now after 10000 miles and a msf course I am pretty sure I am not going to kill my self on it, but for a while there I was genuinely concerned i had bitten off more than I could chew. (the feeling faded fast after the first 1000 miles or so.)
pudlepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 06:22 PM   #14
aspd
Registered Member

Concerning SV gas mileage: it's pretty darn good. I had an SV one bike ago and loved it dearly. I'm a pretty conservative rider, and so results may vary. But I got 50 mpg pretty consistently, and more if it was just hwy riding. Eventually sold the SV and got a Bandit 1200 instead because my wife likes to ride along. The Bandit's a great bike, but it doesn't come close to the SV in sheer fun factor. I got my first bike when I was 10 years old. I'm 42 now, and I've never had more fun on a bike than on the SV. If I were buying another street bike just for myself, it would be the SV, no question. Buy it, that's my advice.
aspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 06:24 PM   #15
aspd
Registered Member

Welcome back: glad you're still with us, and thanks for your service. Ride well and safe and have lots of fun. You've earned it.
aspd is offline   Reply With Quote