Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 08-08-2005, 09:01 AM   #21
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Re: Die on your bike, and get sued

Huh, how odd...
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-08-2005, 09:07 AM   #22
sarnali
Founding Member

WHAT!!!!!! Get a rope, he looks guilty to me.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:31 AM   #23
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

"Move along folks, nothing to see here!"

Classic LOL Well said... motorycleusa has a write too....
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:57 AM   #24
schizuki
Founding Member

"s c u m is a bad word?"

Yes. Try "spooge" instead.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:00 AM   #25
svo68
Founding Member

not quite the same effect
svo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:01 AM   #26
edward44
Founding Member

According to longride, the problem with s-c-u-m is the c-u-m part. What sort of religious freaks are running this outfit anyway.
edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:05 AM   #27
edward44
Founding Member

Well I am damn glad there are lawyers out there to take motocycle cases cus I had exactly the same accident, within the speed limit and the swine starting lying about what happened right away. I was too badly injured to get witnesses but they say I have a good case anyway.
edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:06 AM   #28
schizuki
Founding Member

Default I'll save you the effort, kpaul

Blah blah blah red state blah blah cue banjo blah blah blah get to the gym blah blah blah as an engineer I blah blah biodiesel blah blah blah blah GPTB blah blah blah blue state blah blah blah Bu$h blah blah blah oil blah blah 600s are the best blah blah blah blaaaaahhhhhhh.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:45 AM   #29
sv1000rider
Founding Member

That's it! I'm rigging my bike so when it's hit with enough force, it will go THERMONUCLEAR!!!!! They won't even be able to tell whose fault it was. Then, nobody will dare come NEAR another motocyclist in my town. Then we will all be free to ride wheelies at 150 mph in school zones! My martyrdom will then forever be written about at MO by johnnyb and longride, et al.
sv1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 11:01 AM   #30
dragknt
Founding Member

Default I'd need more facts...

It's terrible that this motorcyclist was killed, but the facts that we have aren't enough to justify taking one side or the other. As a motorcyclist, it's your job to look out for everyone else. A responsible motorcyclist knows the roads he's traveling (or rides carefully with the idea in mind that he doesn't know the roads), and rides accordingly. If the motorcyclist was riding just a little above the limit, or even much faster but not fast enough to be overly wreckless and out of control (say 75 in a 55 versus 150 in a 55), and the car just didn't see him, then it's rediculous, open-shut.

Legally the cager would be required to plead no contest to the count of manslaughter or homicide or what not, because his failure to yield was what directly caused the death. But that doesn't mean it was his fault. If the biker was, say, flying at 130 over a hill so the cager couldn't see him, and was committed to the U-turn before the bike came into his field of view, there's not much a cager can do in that situation. By the time he floored it and drove off the road, or put it in reverse and drove back into the median, it'd already be too late.

Instead of complaining about it, shouldn't we just relax, let the law do their job, and concentrate on our own rides, making sure we don't become part of that statistic ourselves?

Granted, the law isn't always decided in Motorcyclist's favor, or even in a way that seems just, but I guarantee you we're hearing most of the bad cases, and almost none of the good ones. That's the way the media is. If it's good, but not chock full of puppy-eyes and sunbeams, they won't report it, and if it's bad, it could just be about some dumbass stubbing their toe, and they'd be all over it.
dragknt is offline   Reply With Quote