Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 08-08-2005, 04:40 AM   #61
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Study only applies to methanol

My God, you're thick.

The study only applies to methanol? Well, let's see:

"Turning plants such as corn, soybeans and sunflowers into fuel uses much more energy than the resulting ethanol or biodiesel generates, according to a new Cornell University and University of California-Berkeley study."

Um, I see the words "ethanol" and "BIODIESEL", kpaul, old buddy. Do you see them? Take another look. See if they can penetrate your filter.

"Plus an ecology professor won't have the last word the market will.. "

No sh!t. And it is.

"Right now biodiesel is selling above regular diesel ..."

What, the diesal/bio blend that's about 90% dino and 10% veggie? Well, hell, that's revolutionary. We're saved.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-08-2005, 04:43 AM   #62
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Production Of Fuel Cell Motorcycles Begins

"We, however, go our merry way running up huge deficits with ever increasing debt service."

And Europe goes on its merry way with cradle-to-grave entitlements that cannot be maintained with a birthrate lower than the replacement rate. Wanna bet whose bills come due first?

But I'll agree with you, government spending has to be slashed to match the most excellent tax cuts.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:52 AM   #63
schizuki
Founding Member

"Then we could complain about horse poop and flys everywhere."

Exactly. Nothing's ever good enough because it's not [i]perfect>. And free.

Old 08-08-2005, 04:55 AM   #64
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: I thought you would never ask

" kpaul walks the walk"

Uh-huh. Got a catalytic converter on your 600? I'd be curious how much emissions it produces compared to, say, an SUV.

Old 08-08-2005, 05:15 AM   #65
KillerKowalski
Founding Member

Too right. Isn't biodiesel like $2.50 a gallon? If gas gets up to $3.00 for a bit, I would expect to see it on street corners. Probably not many, unless gas gets truly ridiculous, but still, it's great stuff.
KillerKowalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 05:43 AM   #66
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Not to mention the Enviro Wackos will flip anytime someone makes a PROFIT! We can't have that.

Can you just hear them 50 years from now screaming about BIG HYDROGEN! giving campaign contributions to Bush IV.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 07:35 AM   #67
ikonoklass
Founding Member

Check out www.biodiesel.org. My understanding is that it can be run in any diesel engine with no modification. The only real drawback I've heard to its usage is greater viscosity problems at cooler temps than conventional diesel. I think a great invention would be some sort of heated gastank. You heard it here first.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:40 AM   #68
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I think he got G. Bush elected all by himself! What a simpleton.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:41 AM   #69
teknoman
Registered Member

I also read that they will work on having a portable station at home....Also honda is working on a fuel cell/some kind of hybrid bike.Also I read and I swear I read this is that harley davidson is working on one ,but they still want that potato sound!Only thing I ,d worry about is to get a big loud horn,so people could hear me.I called the company and seemed real nice.They are in long beach,california,and with the terminator saying he wants his state be at the forefront of the hydrogen science,it could make for a fascinating future!A lot of folks slam the left coast,but if anyone can do it,you californians will do it first!Must admit it is just the prelude of things to come. I would love to have a more faster ,longer range one and zoom by cagers .Also no ,one is going to steal it,cause they can,t refuel it!
teknoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 08:43 AM   #70
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Ah, the environmentally friendly

Let 'em go back to the "good old days". Before cars... before greenhouse gases.... before dioxins.... before urban sprawl.....

and before novocaine.... before penicillin..... before antisepsis......before indoor plumbing.... Yeah, the good old days, right, knee deep in horse$hyt with a 40 year life expectancy.