Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 08-06-2005, 07:11 PM   #21
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Biodiesel production is a winner not a loser (facts and data not opinions)

"Give me facts and data next time not opinons out of your arse..."

Kettle, pot, etc.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2005, 07:58 PM   #22
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default I thought you would never ask

kpaul walks the walk
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 07:59 PM   #23
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Re: Biodiesel production is a winner not a loser (facts and data not opinions)

Did you even read the studies schizuki or are you on a parade lap?
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 08:34 PM   #24
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: I thought you would never ask

So you own and drive a Volkswagen that burns biodiesal? How does it perform? Where do you get the fuel? What is the per-mile-cost of the fuel compared to gasoline?

I'm looking for your real-world experience because I've been reading about biodiesal for two years and I still don't see it going anywhere. The Prius is selling on hype but biodiesal doesn't seem to be finding a market . I'm curious why.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:35 PM   #25
schizuki
Founding Member

I was referring to your chronic out-arse-talking in every other thread.

Old 08-06-2005, 08:48 PM   #26
Hutchinator
Founding Member

Default Re: Production Of Fuel Cell Motorcycles Begins

You forgot to mention they had to be new Bicycle Rider Back!
Old 08-06-2005, 08:49 PM   #27
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: I thought you would never ask

I love Google.

"Turning plants such as corn, soybeans and sunflowers into fuel uses much more energy than the resulting ethanol or biodiesel generates, according to a new Cornell University and University of California-Berkeley study.

Ecologist David Pimentel...says that his analysis shows that producing ethanol uses more energy than the resulting fuel generates.

"There is just no energy benefit to using plant biomass for liquid fuel," says Pimentel, professor of ecology and agriculture at Cornell. "These strategies are not sustainable."

Of course, kpaul will just say that these are typical red-state oil-loving conservatives. From Cornell. And Berkeley.

Old 08-06-2005, 09:01 PM   #28
Hutchinator
Founding Member

Default Re: Production Of Fuel Cell Motorcycles Begins

My two Lincolns:

Only 100 miles and top speed of 50? So a great city commuter, lousy for a days run?

Well, it has love it or hate it looks. First though, at seeing the picture: Cool! Next though: You won't see my @ss on that.

It also requires H2 filling stations in the rider's area, and I believe those haven't exactly caught on yet, in any sort of a big way.

Okay, that might have been a nickle.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:10 PM   #29
Hutchinator
Founding Member

Default Disclaimer: Not coming to KP/SBB's defense!

One thing I have heard from a friend who used biodiesel was that he use to get the 'leftovers' from the deep fryer at his local fast food resurant for nothing (since they usually just throw it away), and use that to blend. That way he was recycleing waste that normally would get tossed, to make his own.

With keeping the above in mind, I would venture that since the product was now used for two purposes, the energy required to manufacture it in the first place was halfed, as opposed to making a seperate lot for use. He also used a 15% blend, thinning the dinos out that much more, though he did say he noticed a little less acceleration full open.

Just throwing out some more info to fuel the fires of discussion, I guess.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:50 AM   #30
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Disclaimer: Not coming to KP/SBB's defense!

What it boils down to is this - if biodiesal was so gosh-darn awesome and easy, we'd all be doing it. That's how the open marketplace of ideas works.