Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 08-04-2005, 06:27 AM   #1
wayback
Founding Member

Default Re: Grown Kids Blush At Sight of Their Motorcycle Mama

Hey, I'm in that age group and some of these people are embarassing to me! I guess it's that "lifestyle" thing they're always talking about. You know, black t-shirt, fingerless gloves, doofus rag on your head, belly sticking out from under that shirt.

Oh yeah, am I supposed to celebrate "first post"? Does it make me a hero or just somebody with too much time on their hands?
wayback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2005, 06:36 AM   #2
TwitchMacabre
Founding Member

I am not clicking on that link here at work.
TwitchMacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 06:52 AM   #3
nokneedragin
Founding Member

To much time. I prefer to first post only when I'm at work.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 06:52 AM   #4
bbtowns
Founding Member

Same damn thing with my brother and his wife, they're putting all their money into Harley toilet paper, Harley deoderant and Harley toe nail polish, all paid for with a Harley credit card that gives them Harley dollars. They wore Harley pins on their wedding day. Last Christmas I got the Harley classic tank collection, and I ride everything but Harley's. Want it, make me an offer!

It's not a mini-intervention that's required, it's the full blown family, friends, acquaintances, professesionals, etc. letting these folks know they've got a problem.

I sympathize!
Old 08-04-2005, 07:09 AM   #5
sarnali
Founding Member

I'd be embarrassed if my mother started running around like a Harley hootchie as well, it's bad enough that she drives a Saab. So far she's stuck with the tan stretch pants/purple coat/ tight white perm so popular with her generation....

I figure what the hell, let them have their fun. they're out having a great time while the kids sit there with their panties in a twist.

Too bad.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:12 AM   #6
blitz
Founding Member

Shouldn't life be fun? Who are we to criticize someone who is having fun without hurting anyone? Who cares if your in-laws, parents, friends like Harleys, Hondas, or Zundapps? As long as they're not hurting anyone, it's none of our business.

Shouldn't we just lighten up and support people in their pursuit of happiness? This need to criticize everyone who is different is really getting old.
blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:15 AM   #7
orcyclist
Founding Member

Isn't Harley deoderant an oxymoron?

Old 08-04-2005, 07:24 AM   #8
orcyclist
Founding Member

Hey Kids:

Maybe Mom and Dad don't like your conservative politics, baggy jeans, propane barbecue, and are embarassed by your behavior at the grandkids soccer/little league/gymnastics/modern dance/tai kwan do events. They may despise the fact that you drive a minivan and married that loser. Kids, you're not perfect either!

Even though I personally don't ascribe to the "Harley lifestyle" (or any "lifestyle") Let'em have fun. Cripes, the country is homogenized (sp?) way too much already.

Mom and Dad could do a lot worse things than this! I say Mom and Dad should spend the inheritance on a full dresser Harley or two.

Chill, Peace!
Old 08-04-2005, 07:33 AM   #9
johnnyb
Founding Member

I would help them live the full biker experience. Y not plant some meth or a little weed in their saddlebags, then place an anonymous clall to the local cops? Jail tattoos are much cooler than store bought ones.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:40 AM   #10
LIMEDUST
Registered Member

Can you do, say or wear anything that doesn't embarass your teenage kids?

I say the kids need to lighten up! While I imagine that their parents probably look a little ridiculous, I'm guessing the kids do to! And that's fine, who cares? I probably look ridiculous riding to and from work everyday wearing a black helmet and jacket when its 90 degrees outside, but I really don't care.

Some people do need to realize that black leather, t-shirts, boots and all that may look great on some people (H-D or anyone else) it doesn't look great on everyone. Same with baggy pants, sideways baseball caps and mini-skirts! Doesn't stop the 'wrong' poeple wearing those things either!
LIMEDUST is offline   Reply With Quote