Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 08-03-2005, 11:40 AM   #21
giuliom
Registered Member

Default Re: Rossi stays, Biaggi goes!

Nicky will continue to improve, but "smoke Rossi???" Stop smoking that weed, it's bad for you. The one positive thing about Nicky is that he was mad he was third in Germany, as was obvious from his remarks at the press conference. He is more aggressive. Last year he seemed happy to be 5th, this year, esp. after Laguna Seca, he wants to win. I think that's very good, BUT let's not forget that Rossi has won 8 out of 10 races, in the wet, in the sun, in the wind, upside down, blindfolded, etc. The guy is just amazing.
giuliom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2005, 11:54 AM   #22
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Re: New Young Guns on the way

Caprossi, Melandri, they are all tiny yes?... 59 kilos 164cm... Actually I agree with you on the bikes becoming to powerful...Xaus (Spain) and Biaggi 69 kg. are all bigger than average I think...so you are right... But Hopkins does come up with some good one liners..
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 12:29 PM   #23
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

I think Sete and Nicky will be the only ones close to Rossi next year. Close means an occasional win with mostly seconds and thirds...
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 01:02 PM   #24
edward44
Founding Member

Melandri is second in the championship and is very quick. I look for him to be in the hunt (for second?)

Nakano went well but the Kawa just doesn't have the beans-like Suzuki. Edwards says Rossi can ride anything and that pretty much is the story to date. The hoped for multiple winners hasn't-and might not-happen with Rossi a god.
edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 06:37 PM   #25
pdad13
Founding Member

Well, I don't think this really is a surprise to most of us. Even earlier in the season when Nicky was mired in a nightmare, I figured Biaggi would be the one to go. Let's face it, there just isn't much upside with Biaggi and I'm sure Honda is not happy with a rider that is considered the villiage prick.

Pedrosa probably gets the seat.

And it does seem that Nicky finally feels like he belongs. Let's hope that continues. Plus, he's becoming something of a media darling. Anyone catch all three Hayden boys on the Tonight Show last night? Leno had to dumb the racing talk down to ape-like levels, and the absense of MotoGP footage was conspicuous (no thanks to Dorna, I'm sure...why?), but when was the last time you heard motorcycle racing being talked up in the mainstream media? (Thanks, Jay...I think.) Sh*t, even Kate Hudson got a little bit into the act.

Now, knowing Honda, who would you rather have on your team? The "Emperor," now only wearing a thong? Or a humble, good-looking all-american kid who always says the right things and is starting to really show his potential?
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 02:25 AM   #26
gameholic2
Founding Member

why would Rossi change a good thing?

I just hope next year the opposition will put up more of a fight if he sticks to his word, 2006 will be his last year. I hope someone beats him cause the 2007 champion will have a bitter taste in his mouth if Rossi retires in 2K6 on top kenny jr might know how this feels with Doohan lol...

as for Meat Ball Max Biaggi i kinda got the impression honda just granted him his wish knowing he would loose just to shut him up he should just get out of moto gp OR racing before he completely ruins his "little" legacy.
gameholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 05:50 AM   #27
schizuki
Founding Member

"I think Sete and Nicky will be the only ones close to Rossi next year. Close means an occasional win with mostly seconds and thirds..."

Sete is done. Stick a fork in him. Rossi has crawled into his head like a brain parasite - that mistake in the last few turns last week was utterly predictable.

Nicky and Melandri will be Rossi's podium mates more often than not.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 05:53 AM   #28
schizuki
Founding Member

One thing that pi**ed me off about Speed's Laguna Seca coverage was that they ditched the regular announcers for that loser Drebber. I wanted to hear the regular British team because they always seem to be pulling for Nicky.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote