Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   Rossi stays, Biaggi goes! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/2960-rossi-stays-biaggi-goes.html)

drthompson65 08-03-2005 09:39 AM

Re: Rossi stays, Biaggi goes!

Any word on Hopkins? Rumor has it that Ducati or another team would like to sign him. They say he has the talent but not the machine.

Tigercub 08-03-2005 09:51 AM

And Nicky will stay with Honda? Hopkins and Edwards, no change?

sportbikebandit 08-03-2005 10:08 AM

Re: New Young Guns on the way

yep that makes sense... Thanks for the info..

svo68 08-03-2005 10:25 AM

yeah whatever.......CW didn't have the Janklow scoop....and everytime I write something in the magazine, no one ever writes back.

Fenton 08-03-2005 10:38 AM

Yea, and I don't recall any writer in the "big" print mags calling me a dumbass.;)

James_Brown 08-03-2005 10:51 AM

Ducati

What is the deal with Ducati MotoGP? Their bike clearly has the speed as it posts some of the best trap speeds. It also is capable of running competitive laps times during a race as Capirossi and Checa have both had hot lap times during the last two rounds. Why can't Checa and/or Capirossi run up near the front and turn consistent laps during the race? Is it the riders? Tires? (Nakano seems to be doing ok on Bridgestones.) Or is the bike just not as good as I think it is?

I'm not looking for the bike to challenge for the win week in and week out, but it would be nice to see them challenging for the podium consistently with the occasional run at the top spot.

As for next year, I doubt Biaggi is the answer. He gets bent out of shape when things are not perfect and with a smaller team like Ducati, things will never be perfect. While some Ducatisti may be discouraged by Rossi's renewal with Yamaha, I take the fact that it is only for one year as encouraging. If Ducati can get its bike back in the hunt next year and prove that they have a machine that Rossi can win on, maybe he'll be wearing Ducati red in 2007.

captainwhoopass 08-03-2005 11:21 AM

Rossi: Welcome back!

Biaggi: Good riddance

edward44 08-03-2005 11:21 AM

Latest poop is that Rossi will join a one man team bankrolled by Alice (Euro telecom. outfit) taking with him his team .On the factory Yam of course. Edwards has already signed and that would leave a saddle vacant. Toni Elias possible replacement. But I think it will be Biaggi-he rode one before. Ducati wants Hopkins but not willing to pay bucks. Hopkins will stick with Suzuki and go nowhere. Team Roberts will call it quiits-they had a suspension collapse at Donnington for Christs sake. Lets see, what else. Nicky will hit his stride and smoke Rossi. Nicky's power slides last Sun. were a thing of beauty. You heard it here first.

giuliom 08-03-2005 11:33 AM

Re: Ducati

Being Italian, I had a longish conversation with some of the Ducati mechanics at Laguna Seca and their feeling was that the problems are: 1. The fact that it is impossible for them to have the resources spent by teams like Honda and Yamaha. Ducati Corse for MotoGP has a fraction of the people that those other companies can have. Not in the pits, but back home, building, planning, testing, etc.

2. That the Bridgestone tires are not a good match for the machine.

3. That Capirossi is good and right now he just does not have the winning combination.

I think Ducati cannot really compete with Honda/Yamaha on the first: maybe they can switch tires.

giuliom 08-03-2005 11:37 AM

Re: New Young Guns on the way

Actually that does not make much sense. Is it something genetic about Italian and Spanish riders? Rossi (Italian) seems to be doing pretty well, no? And, if you look at the MOtoGP current standings, where are the top riders from? Rossi? Melandri? Gibernau? I think it's a load of bull, honestly. I think that the bikes are reaching a point where they are getting too much power, and lowering the cc's might prevent the bikes from reaching 230 on the straights (and prevent collapse of tires...)