Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 07-12-2005, 05:21 PM   #41
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Re: MotoGP weekend... what was your experience?

Thanks. Yeah Buz what ulhpilot said. Of course I had no clue why. thanks ulhpilot.
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2005, 06:05 PM   #42
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default HOW DID THE BIKES SOUND???

Ok, I get it, the lines were long, it was hot, it was dusty, HOLD THE PHONE.

What I want to know is, what did it sound like, what did it feel like to see those MotoGP bikes in real life.

Would love to have attended and have the hair on the back of my neck stand up just to hear the sounds.

So... what did it sound like?
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 06:59 PM   #43
mapuda
Registered Member

I rode up 101 to the Coast Hwy from Santa Barbara on Friday. Great ride. Only had one slow train of cars being held up by an SUV, pulling a trailer, with TWO SPORTBIKES on it. WTF?

Set up my tent on top of Fox Hill and did the vendor booth thing and got into the paddock to check that out. Walked past Giacomo Agostini and Freddie Spencer. Got to see a Yamaha MT01 at the Corbin booth and all the other cool bikes at the vendor displays. Waited in a huge line to buy my TShirt, Hat and Credential holder at the main souvenir shop.

Saturday was in the Grandstands for the MotoGP qualifying and the Superbike race. Way to go EBOZ!

I did see something that made me change my opinion of Max Biaggi. While other riders were making a fast lap then coming in for adjustments/tire changes etc. Biaggi was out there running lap after lap. He must have ridden 25 of the 30 laps of qualifying.

Sunday I got up early packed everything up and took my chair right up to the fence in the middle of the corkscrew and had a great time watching the racing. What a great finish USA 1&2.

I left right after the MOTOGP and missed most all the exit traffic. I made it home without incident and watched all the racing on the Speed Broadcasts that I Tivo'd.

What a fantastic weekend!

How much do you have to donate to ride on the back of Mamola's Ducati?
mapuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 09:06 PM   #44
skrump
Founding Member

Default Re: HOW DID THE BIKES SOUND???

Just to try and give you an idea- A couple of Air Force F-18 fighters did a flyby directly overhead right before the launch of the MotoGP race. Once the race got started, the bikes were louder than jets! Amazing experience! I didn't have earplugs, and probably lost a bit of my hearing, but it was worth it to feel the full impact of MotoGP unfolding right in front of me. TV can never hope to recreate the experience...
skrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 03:58 AM   #45
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Looks like someone forgot to tell EBoz that the twin was dead in racing?
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 04:39 AM   #46
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default Re: HOW DID THE BIKES SOUND???

Thanks, I was wondering if I should try and make it next year instead of watching on TV, after what you said I just have to go and hear from myself!

Thanks
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 05:57 AM   #47
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: SOOPERB

Well Johnny I even went out and searched the net for some information on how I would go about booking such a helo ride into the track, even if I had the money, to no avail. Ditto the Dorna-issued credentials. I'm one of the unwashed masses here, I don't even know where to start.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 05:11 PM   #48
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Yeah Yeah Whatever. Just wait till next year and the year after that
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 09:40 AM   #49
gas_pig
Founding Member

The Red Bull hospitality tent was sweet! Mmmmm.... Red Bull Vodkas.