Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 07-08-2005, 04:04 PM   #31
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Cook County in the solution.

Too bad the nitwit didn't end up in Cook County Hospital; his chances of survival would have been nil. Now I only hope that he does his time in Cook County Jail; again, his chances of survival would be nil.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2005, 04:11 PM   #32
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Re: Update on that collision and another

The State shouldn't allow idiots to reproduce, either; but the evangelicals and God say otherwise. Guess God must be a NASCAR fan; he sure seems to enjoy accidents.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:34 PM   #33
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Speed isn't the problem, semiconsciousness is

80+ in a new car is no problem. Driving around in the an extremely comfortable environment, with every creature comfort that you can imagine, is. People seem to think that once inside their cars, they are once-again safely back inside the womb. Cars are often the only place where, mistakenly, a person feels in control.

Ya want to stop accidents, replace air bags and seat belts, with sheet-metal screws sticking into the driver compartment.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:09 PM   #34
SmokeU
Registered Member

Default Re: We don't allow mile_eater's kind around here in Seattle

I'm in SD, sometimes it's nearly 100 miles between gas stops.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:31 PM   #35
drthompson65
Founding Member

Default Re: Darwinism in the Windy City

MSNBC has a picture of the bike, it has a frame around the plastic. IE - STUNTER. I take this as nature weeding out the stupid.. When are people going to understand this is not a right we have to ride its a privledge and someday if this bullpooh keeps up we'll lose it..

/rantoff
2004 Ducati 999 Mono Yellow (Wrecked May 06)
2006 Ducati 999S Mono Black (Replaced Wife June 06)

1972-2000 A collection of mini, dirt, and road bikes to vast too list..
drthompson65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 05:38 PM   #36
sv1000rider
Founding Member

Me too. I am a simpleton when it comes to motorcycle-related topics and have to ask a lot of questions about bikes to get my bearings. And to be brutally honest, I never really liked any of the Suzuki bikes myself. That being said, the SV was my first "new" bike purchase because it was such a stinking deal and it sounded the sh!t (never met a v-twin I didn't like!). I got the naked one that was made for only one year. I STILL see new '03 naked SV1Ks for sale now and then. For whatever reason, they are just not that popular. Thankfully, Suzuki is selling boatloads of V-Strom 1000s so the engine won't go out of production anytime soon. Anyway, I guess I'm done with my rant. Peace!
sv1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:19 PM   #37
pudlepirate
Registered Member

dat's cool and all, but piloting a sportbike in excess is far les heinous than a supersize suv, can't remember the last time i heard of an econobox family being crushed to death by a bike, i guess what I'm saying is a bike is MUCH less likely to produce colateral damge, in most cases injuring the rider and no one else. less liability makes you more socialy responcible. sound to me like the suv owners should worry about their brand of lacksidaisical driving.

i don't care who's driving, an escolade @90 mph (see em all the time) is far more dangerous than a squid however inexperienced @ 130 lets see, kinetic energy is 1/2 mass x velocity sq, 6000lbs @ 90mph = nearly 5000 tons of kinetic energy a bike on the other hand 600lbs @ 40 mph faster is in the ballpark of 525 tons kinetic energy.

these are just rough calculations based on average #'s and rough conversion values, but all to prove a point, the more you weigh the more damge can be inflicted, speed is not allways as big a factor as people make it out to be.

flame out.
pudlepirate is offline   Reply With Quote